T W E N T Y - S E V E N

Fynn Lykos (Kassian's cousin) POV

One Year Ago

"Whatever you do, you will not embarrass me" My cousin and Alpha Heir growled into my ear, gripping the scruff of my ear tightly "This is a very important meeting, and if you fuck it up, I will murder you in your sleep." 

I shot him my cheesiest grin "I don't think our Moms would appreciate your homicidal tendencies towards me at the moment." 

"I swear to God" he growled at me, pinching the skin at my neck "I don't care if our Mom's are sisters. Ruin this for me and I will disown you the moment we get back home." 

"Okay, okay" I held up both hands "Geez, when did you become such a buzzkill cousin? You're starting to sound a little bit like Heir Fenrir."

He growled again before releasing me until I had no choice but to stumbled into the hard edge of the bar top. 

His Beta and Third shot me small sympathetic looks before voiding their face of any emotion and following behind their Alpha Heir. 

Oh how I did not envy those three of their jobs, internally wincing at the responsibility and sacrifice they have to give up every single day of their lives. 

My heart pangs at the stress and frustration I see lining my cousin's shoulders as he stalks towards the room in the back I knew this bar kept for these exact occasions, when important meetings needed to be held in discrete locations without the prying eyes of the Penta or their minions breathing down your neck. 

I didn't mean to add even more stress onto Kassian's shoulders, knowing that he counted for me to be on my best behavior and use my skills to observe...people's thoughts.

Something that only I could do considering it was one of many gifts passed down from my father, the former Prince of the Vampyres. 

A few lesser rank members from our Pack joined us tonight, but stood as far away from me as possible, worried or freaked out that I might snap like they always think I will and drain all their precious blood from their body. 

Something I'd never do for a multitude of reasons, the first being that blood (unless it comes from an absolute pure source) is absolutely foul tasting, especially the blood from full blooded wolves. The second reason being that I really didn't need blood to survive, and even if I did, I would never feed from my fellow pack mates.

I'm not an idiot even though everyone one else tends to think of me as one. 

If I were to attack a Pack Member or any member from any one of the other four Packs, my cousin would have no choice but put me down. 

He couldn't banish me, for that would be too light of a sentence for those out for my blood. 

They punish me for who my mother chose to fall in love with...