Chapter - 16

Adrienna POV

It's the next day and I am at Isabella's school. It's not a great school but not to worry she will go to the best schools from now. She was pretty nervous when I left for her school. Damien is with her now. I wanted to wear a business casual outfit. I am wearing a white turtle neck paired with a dark beige coat and matching dress pants. I inquired the lady at the office about meeting the principal she leads me to the principal office. I had already called the school and informed them about my arrival. I also asked them to prepare a transfer certificate for her. I went inside the office and down, it was not looking great but it was clean and neat. The principal was a woman, around 40. She rocked a natural salt-and-pepper hairstyle and wore thick-rimmed glasses.

"Good Morning Ms.Moretti. It's so good to hear about Isabella. The transfer certificate is ready, you can pick it up on your way out," she said cheerily.

I nodded slightly and replied,"That's great, thank you for preparing it on such short notice."

"No problem, anything for you Ms.Moretti," she replies cheerily again.

" How was Isabella as a student ?" I asked her.

"She was an average student. She is very quiet in class and is well-mannered. There is one thing about her though, she scores exceptionally well on tests but almost never turns in her assignments. We have asked her about it before but she always gives vague answers."

So Isa is a good listener and pays attention in class, but with John, she never had time to complete assignments.

"Does she have any friends? "

"No, she prefers to sit alone and doesn't talk much to anyone."

"Is she in any clubs or other extracurricular activities ?"

"She isn't in any other activities. She doesn't even participate in competitions"

"Hmm....Has she ever been bullied ?" I asked her. I was pretty sure she was but I still wanted to make sure. How could kids be so vile? Hurting the feelings of other kids. I hate bullying. All my brothers had a very strict rule against bullying and they never did it. They do get into fights occasionally but it's never because of petty reasons. They would've probably insulted our family so my brothers hit the people who insulted us. I am not saying I encourage them to get into fights but if they have a good reason it's acceptable.

The principal looked at me nervously," Umm... We have umm... suspected that something like that happened but she has never reported it so we didn't think much of it," What sort of school suspects bullying and lets it go ! A bad one obviously. I was pretty angry but of course, I didn't show it.

"It's time for me to leave, I want her school records and the transfer certificate," I said stoically.

"Here Ms.Moretti," she said and gave me a file of her records and the Transfer certificate.

I nodded at her and took the file and left the office. I went to the parking lot, got in my car and drove off. I got to the penthouse.

Isabella POV

Mamma went to my school today. To say I was nervous was an understatement. I am not really known in school. I am a girl who is in the shadows. No one really talks to me unless I am being bullied. I didn't really like school but it was better than staying with Sir. I didn't have any friends either. I really hope I get some friends at my new school. Zio was with me at home. I was watching an animated cartoon. I had never seen it before and it was quite good. Zio had some work and he was typing away on his laptop. After a long time, Mamma came home. I was nervous to see her but Mamma looked normal.