Chapter - 25

This happens the next day after they receive a call from the Italian Mafia for the mission.

In their quiet New York apartment, Marcello was making breakfast when we heard Jake exclaim," Mar !" 

"Yeah ?"

"You planned all the weapons that need to be packed to Italy ? I was informed that they want us there soon, so we need to hurry" Jake explained.

"I got a list prepared. We'll get them today. Our recent order has not arrived yet. Can you check what's up with that ?" Marcello asked putting his scrambled eggs on a plate.

"Yeah, sure.....Why do you think the most powerful Mafia leader came to us ? It is known that she never hires outsiders for any job," Jake asked sitting opposite to Marcello.

"Not sure, but it must be significant if they asked for us," Marcello gritted. He took a sip of water in an attempt to calm himself. The mere thought of the Italian Mafia angered him. "What have you found out about them ?"

"They have managed to keep their identities well hidden, I couldn't find a thing. It took me hours of digging and hacking to find meager information. There are some incidents that are rumored to be caused by the Italian mafia, but all those cases were shut down. A major fire accident is said to have been caused by the Italian mafia in 2012. But reports of the case mysteriously disappeared. They're exceptionally good Mar, better than anyone we've seen. I have not found a single photo of the leader but it is said that she is a woman in the underworld."

"Hmm, they are good," Marcello said knowingly.

"I am going to the gym, will see you later," Jake said and got. Marcello remained emotionless in his chair, he clenched his jaw and the grip around his glass tightened so much that it shattered and fell on the floor. He let out a string of curses and cleaned the mess up.

He stormed out of the building and went to a fighting club. Underground fighting clubs are mainly active at night, but some do open bright and early. Marcello definitely needed to kick some ass to calm himself down and return to being at least partially sane. Did he have other important stuff to do ? Yes. Did he give a shit about them ? No. All he wanted to do was fight and let off some steam. It wasn't completely useless, he would get a handsome sum of cash when he won. He drove his car so fast he would've almost killed two people. The car stopped on the road with a loud screech. He slammed the door shut and walked into the club. He was wearing a balaclava so no one could see him. 

Marcello usually doesn't do underground fighting. They were the source of his first income but he left it when he became a well-known assassin. So, he was not a popular fighter. He did have different identities as an underground fighter and as an assassin. No one knew they were the same person well, except Jake of course.

 He gave his name and went to the ring. He got in with a mountain of a man. He was ripped, and his muscles were bulging. He had a sadistic grin plastered on his face. He was an acclaimed fighter in the underworld. Anyone would have peed in their spots if they had seen him but Marcello was unfazed. He looked at the man and smirked internally. Marcello looked weak compared to the other man but little do they know how powerful Marcello is, when they see it they will be out of their wits. 

The bell goes and the match starts. Marcello lets the man make the first move to lure him into thinking that he is in the lead. He came barrelling toward Marcello and landed a strong punch in Marcello's ribs. Marcello didn't react and stood there observing his opponent's technique. His opponent shot another jab in his jaw. A nasty bruise formed in Marcello's jaw. He was fucking livid now. Blood pumped through his veins raging with anger.