Chapter - 27

It had been a couple of days since Isabella's breakdown. Seeing her family the next day after her breakdown was pretty awkward. She feared that they'd treat her differently and look at her with pity but they didn't. They treated her the same way they had before. Her Zii and Fratelli reassured her and made her feel like she belonged with them. They helped her cleave her shackles of insecurity. After days of agony, today she finally felt truly happy without an ounce of doubt or fear.

Adrienna was pleased with Isabella's progress. She was content that her daughter was not living in fear. She had had a very long and tiring day. She was so drowned with work that she couldn't even make it to their family dinner. She let a long sigh as she parked her car and got inside the house. She was expecting a lot of chitter-chatter but the house was oddly quiet.

She went to the movie room suspecting that they were all there and she was right. Laughter and giggles filled the room. This was the sound she always wanted to hear in her house. They were all there spread out on the couches. Isabella was with Leonardo and Marco. Her head rested on Marco's chest while her legs laid out on Leonardo. Marco rested a protective arm on Isabella and Leonardo stroked her hair soothingly. Damien and Enrico were together. Damien's arm slung over Enrico's shoulder. Dante sat alone sulking a little probably because he couldn't sit with Isabella. A serene smile graced her lips.

No one even noticed Adrienna come in. She cherished looking at her happy family. She went to sit with her sulking brother.

"You've come," Dante whisper shouted with a wide grin. Most teenagers don't wish to spend time with their siblings but this family was built different.

"Yep, Tigrotto," she said and ruffled his hair.

Some funny movie was playing in the background, but Adrienna's focus wasn't on the movie. Happiness fluttered in her heart as she saw her happy family. A peaceful night like this was indeed a rare occurrence in the Moretti house.

The younger boys cuddled with their little sister later. Adrienna sat with Damien and rested her head on his shoulder. This was always what she dreamed of seeing in her family. Joy, carefree joy.

The movie soon ended and they went to bed after a series of goodnights. It truly was one of the happiest nights for the family after a long time.

                                                                                      ***

Damien was making coffee at freaking 5 am in the morning. This was nothing unusual, this was his normal routine. The unusual thing was Dante and Enrico being awake at this ungodly hour. They were not up without purpose though.

"You're awake," Damien said a tad surprised seeing his brother at the door of the dining room. His brothers were not early risers, they were annoyingly grumpy in the morning.

"Yes, Fratello ," Dante responded too politely. Damien eyed his little brothers. Dante was not the one for politeness especially that early in the morning.

" Why ?" Damien asked trying to find their motive.

"Well, school's starting soon and we want to develop more good habits," Enrico replied.

Damien most certainly didn't believe them. He knew they had some plan up their sleeve. He simply shook his head lightly and took a sip of coffee. Dante and Enrico sat next to Damien and stared at him.

"What do you want ?" Damien finally asked.

"Can't we spend time with our best brother," Enrico asked in a fake sweet voice.