Harmonies of healing

Armaan sat alone on a bench, his guilt weighing heavy on his shoulders. Adwait approached him, concerned by his state.

Adwait : Armaan, you need to apologize. What you did was hurtful. It takes strength to admit your mistakes and make amends.

Armaan's ego wrestled with his desire to apologize, but deep down, he knew Adwait was right.

Armaan: I know, I should apologize. It's just... my ego is making it difficult for me to admit my fault. But I can't let this go on. I'll apologize tomorrow.

Adwait nodded, appreciating Armaan's willingness to make amends.

Adwait: That's a step in the right direction, Armaan. It takes courage to acknowledge our mistakes and seek forgiveness. Remember, it's not a sign of weakness but of growth.

Armaan took a deep breath, a mixture of apprehension and determination filling his chest. He knew that apologizing would not be an easy task, but it was necessary for his own well-being and to mend the bond he had unintentionally damaged.

Armaan: Tomorrow, I'll face my ego and make things right. I owe Khwahish an apology, and I hope she can find it in her heart to forgive me.

With those words, Armaan resolved to confront his actions and take responsibility for the pain he had caused. He understood that an apology was just the first step, but it was a crucial one in repairing the trust .

Next day:-

Khwaahish sat on the ground, feeling a mix of sadness and frustration. She didn't have the energy to attend her lectures, preferring to isolate herself from the world for a while. As she stared at the football field, lost in her own thoughts, she sensed someone sitting beside her. When she turned her head, she saw Armaan sitting there silently.

They both sat there in silence, Khwaahish refusing to acknowledge his presence. She focused her gaze on the football players, trying to distract herself from the whirlwind of emotions inside her. However, a single tear escaped her eye, betraying the turmoil she was going through.

Armaan noticed the tear, a pang of guilt and regret piercing his heart. He could feel the weight of his actions, the pain he had caused her.

Armaan mustered the courage to speak, his voice filled with remorse.

Armaan: Khwaahish, I... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I know my words were harsh, and I can't take them back. But I want you to know that I deeply regret  and I should never have treated you that way.

Khwaahish remained silent, her eyes still fixed on the football field.

Armaan waited for a response, but when none came, he sighed, understanding the impact of his actions.

Armaan: I know you might not be ready to forgive me right now, and I respect that. Just know that I am truly sorry, Khwaahish. I never intended to cause you pain .

After some time..

Armaan: When I was in 6th grade, I was admitted to a prestigious school. But I didn't want to go. I cried and pleaded with my parents, begging them not to send me away. But they believed it was for the best, that I would succeed by being away from them. They thought my intelligence would pave the way for a bright future.

His voice trailed off, and Armaan's gaze became distant, lost in the memories of his past. Khwaahish watched him intently, her curiosity mingled with a growing understanding of the pain he had endured.

Armaan: Being away from my family, feeling abandoned and alone, it changed me. I built walls around my heart to protect myself from getting hurt again. I became distant, cold, and even rude at times. It was a defense mechanism, a way to shield myself from the pain of separation and rejection.