Healing hearts

As the night settled, Khwaahish found comfort on her terrace, enveloped by the serenity of the starry sky. Her upcoming birthday stirred a whirlwind of emotions within her, igniting a flood of memories from the past. The pendant, the anklet, the shared moments with Armaan - all replayed in her mind like a bittersweet melody.

Lost in her reverie, her phone broke the silence, indicating an incoming call. The caller ID displayed Armaan's name, creating a mixture of confusion and curiosity within her. Why was he reaching out now, after all that had transpired between them? With a slightly hesitant yet intrigued tone, she answered the call.

Armaan's voice came through, gentle yet uncertain, "Um, everyone is planning to go for a walk after dinner, and there's a café nearby. Will you join us?"

With curiosity piqued and a flutter of nervousness, she replied, "Okay, I'm coming."

Quickly preparing herself, she draped a shawl around her shoulders and made her way to the designated meeting point. There was something about the idea of this evening walk that intrigued her, even though it stirred a multitude of emotions within her.

As they started walking, Khwaahish found herself walking alongside Armaan. Their steps fell in rhythm, creating an unspoken connection between them. A slight touch, almost electric, passed between their hands as they brushed against each other. 

Armaan's hand found its way into hers, gently interlocking their fingers, closing every gap between her fingers with his own. The sensation sent a wave of chills through Khwaahish, but she couldn't summon the courage to look into his eyes. She didn't protest, and the fact that she didn't only brought a soft, understanding smile to Armaan's face.

He knew that there were just a couple of hours left before her birthday, and everything around them seemed to echo their shared past, a past that held its own significance for both of them. It was a poignant reminder, and it made him smile

.

As they walked, they stumbled upon a café, a hidden gem as beautiful as the mountains around them. However, it was noted that Saina and Aks weren't there. Aks had an important call from his regiment, keeping him away, and Saina seemed to be absent for some reason.

The evening had an air of serendipity, an unscripted moment that seemed to hold the promise of something meaningful. As the café came into view, the path they were on held the magic of anticipation, and the connection between Khwaahish and Armaan grew stronger with every step.

The entire group had settled into the cozy cafe, ordering drinks and snacks, enjoying the warmth of the atmosphere. Amidst the lively chatter, Khwaahish noticed that Armaan was absent when his order arrived. she knew where armaan was  so she decided to bring the coffee to him, finding solace in the beauty of the mountains from the terrace side of the cafe.

She approached him quietly, holding the mug of coffee. As she presented it to him, he turned to see her, a mixture of surprise and gratitude in his eyes. He took the mug gently, their fingers brushing ever so slightly, a touch that conveyed more than words ever could.

As Khwaahish started to move back, he spoke, a simple yet meaningful request, "Stay, if you're comfortable."

With those words, he began to walk toward the mountains, and she followed, the weight of their shared history hanging in the air like a thick silence. Both of them could feel the unspoken emotions, the memories, and the complexities that had defined their past.

Breaking the silence, Armaan spoke from the depths of his heart, a sincerity that could be heard in his voice, "I'm seriously sorry, Khwaahish, for the past, for everything."

Tears welled up in his eyes, carrying the weight of regret and longing. Khwaahish looked into his eyes, a world of emotions passing between them, but she remained silent, allowing him to express his feelings.

Armaan continued, his voice trembling with vulnerability, "I know I did wrong, but at that time, I... I didn't know. I couldn't see clearly."

In that moment, Khwaahish gently shushed him, placing her coffee cup on the railing. Her hands moved to his face, delicately wiping away his tears, as if she wanted to kiss away his pain, to absorb the past and heal his wounds. She understood his pain intimately, knowing the turmoil that had plagued them both.

She wanted him to know, without words, that she forgave him, that she understood, and that her heart still held a place for him. Her love for him had persisted through the years, despite the pain, despite the distance. She couldn't bear to see him suffer any longer, and her actions spoke volumes.

Tears glistened in his eyes, mirroring the depth of his emotions. He let her comfort him, letting the walls he had built over the years crumble in her presence. 

She knew, in that moment, that their shared journey was far from over, that there was healing to be found, and that the love they shared, even in its complicated form, was something worth cherishing.

Amid the tremble in her voice, Khwaahish finally uttered those three powerful words, "I forgave you." It was a declaration laden with the weight of their shared past, a step towards healing, but it was also a peek into the vulnerability she held within.

 Deep down, she wanted to scream that she still loved him, but her insecurities held her back. She couldn't be certain if he felt the same way, and that uncertainty gnawed at her.

Wiping away his tears, she mustered a playful tone, a small attempt to lighten the heavy emotions in the air. "You don't look good being emotional," she said with a faint smile, trying to evoke a glimpse of his old, mischievous self. " devil avtar is better"

Armaan's lips curved into a smile, sensing that she was trying to ease the tension, to bring back a sense of familiarity. Her words provided a moment of relief, like a ray of sunshine breaking through the clouds after a storm. It was a reminder of the rapport they once shared, the ease and comfort that existed between them.

He chuckled softly, "Devil avtar, huh? I must admit, it's been a while since I've put that one on."

They both knew, in that moment, that their connection was still alive, that despite the years apart, there was a bridge of understanding that existed between them. The bond forged through shared experiences and affection couldn't be erased by time or mistakes.

The night sky bore witness to their conversation, to the unspoken words and the depth of their feelings. The stars above seemed to twinkle with a knowing glint, as if nature itself acknowledged this pivotal moment.As they stood on that terrace, the silence was no longer thick with uncertainty. 

It was a silence filled with shared understanding, a moment of reconciliation that spoke louder than words. They both realized that they had much to discuss, much to understand about each other's feelings, but in that moment, the first steps towards healing had been taken.

Heyy guys I hope you liked today's update , plzzzz support my book I'm a beginner in this field so plz tell my mistake of had done something wrong in any part of this book .

I'm eagerly waiting for your comments and votes and do suggest me if there's a need to editing....

Have a great day ahead

Be positive and spread love