𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬

Cynthia is at her locker reading through her US history notes before class when a distraught Quinn Fabray approaches her locker

Cynthia is at her locker reading through her US history notes before class when a distraught Quinn Fabray approaches her locker. Sensing her presence, Cynthia turns to her to say hi, but the smile falls when she sees the blond on the verge of a breakdown.

"Quinn, what's wrong?" Cynthia asks in a comforting tone. Quinn, not wanting to bother her, dismisses her. "Nothing. I'm fine. Rough Practice." Quinn lies, struggling to put in her locker combo. Noticing this, Cynthia places her hand on hers. Bringing it down, Cynthia asks the blonde, "Do you wanna cry? No questions asked."

"What?"

"It's something my mom and dad told me. It's when you want to cry but not talk about what's going on. You cry, and if you want to tell me what's up, you do. But I cannot ask you what's wrong." Cynthia tells the blonde. Quinn's lips quiver, and as the first tear drops from her eyes, she throws her arms around Cynthia and begins to sob silently. Shocked for a moment, Cynthia comes back and hugs her tightly, rubbing her back. Her shoulder felt damp, but it didn't matter. A few moments later, Quinn's sobs ceased, leaving only small sniffles. When she calmed down, she uttered the two words no sexually active teenager wanted to say or hear.

"I'm pregnant." Cynthia's body goes rigid. Taking a deep breath, she whispers back. "It's gonna be ok."

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

At glee club practice, Cynthia kept glancing at the blond across the room, tuning out of the conversation between her, Mercedes, and Kurt. "Cynthia, are you listening?" The girl snaps back to look at the pair. "Yeah, I am. Kurt, just ask Finn. I'm sure he can help you join the team. It's not like it's gonna make a difference. The team stinks with or without you anyway."

Will then walks in and passes out sheet music to everyone. After inspecting the title on the sheet music, Cynthia let out a small groan. "West Side Story? Seriously?" However, another starlet noticed something else wrong.

"Excuse me, this isn't the right key. This is the alto part." Rachel tells Mr. Schue.

"That's right. Tina's doing the solo." Mr. Schue informs Rachel, bringing a smile to Tina's face.

"I'm sorry, there must be some sort of mix-up. I thought I made it very clear that anything from West Side Story goes to me. Maria is my part! Natalie Wood was a Jew, you know. I've had a very deep, personal connection to this role since the age of one."

"Well, I'm trying to shake things up a bit. Get us out of our boxes."

"You're trying to punish me." Rachel's adamant tone causes a bunch of eyerolls from the others.

"I think you're being irrational." "I think you're being unfair!" Rachel snaps back at the teacher.

"I think you're being unfair to Tina, who might have been happy about getting her first solo." Cynthia and Tina make eye contact as Cynthia gives the girl a thumbs up and smiles.