𝐎𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠

"Did you know?" Cynthia jumped, startled at Rachel's voice

"Did you know?" Cynthia jumped, startled at Rachel's voice. Sighing, she looks up from her book finding Rachel sitting opposite her at the library.

"Know what Rachel? I know a lot of things."

"Did you know that Quinn and Finn are dating?" All Cynthia could do was stare at Rachel in silence, giving Rachel her answer. Shutting her book, Cynthia leans closer to the brunette, speaking to her in a whisper. "You can't go around and tell anyone, ok? I only found out because Finn slipped up. They want to wait until after regionals, and we need to respect that."

"I can't believe this. How could she not tell me?" Rachel slumps into her chair, devastated. "I thought Quinn and I were friends. Especially after she offered to write songs with me for regionals this week." Cynthia had to let out a slight chuckle of disbelief hearing Rachel.

"You realize she might be working with you just so you don't spend time with her boyfriend?" It might have been a bit mean to break the obvious news to Rachel, but she had to realize it sooner or later. "Ever heard of the saying 'keep your friends close and your enemies closer'?"

Rachel sat in silence for a moment, her eyebrows furrowed in distress, and all Cynthia could do was silently shrug her shoulders before she returned back to her own work. "I need to talk to her."

"Well, you go do that, Rachel. Good luck." Cynthia comments, not looking up from her book. Rachel stared at her friend's head before spitting out another daunting offer.

"You should come with me." Hearing this, Cynthia's head shot up once more as she stared at the brunette in shock. "She can't lie to me in front of you. Quinn trusts you."

With her mouth open, Cynthia shakes her head, "Nope. I am not butting into any of your guy's drama. I am already deep into it even though I don't want to be." Though she muttered the last line to herself, Rachel heard her, and it raised many questions in her mind. But instead of prying the girl right at that moment, Rachel sighed and walked away from Cynthia. Meanwhile, Cynthia watches Rachel walk away, letting out a loud sigh of relief followed by a frustrated groan.

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

Unlike everyone else who thought they might be good songwriters, Cynthia knew she was not a good songwriter. The first and last time she tried to write a song was on a napkin at Breadstix during her break, and it was about a saltshaker. Nevertheless, Cynthia opted to act enthusiastically, hoping it would improve her spirits.

"All right, guys, let's hear it for our first songwriting seminar." The room erupts in applause as Will walks up to them, handing them each a rhyming dictionary. "While Quinn and Rachel are hard at work, we are gonna try and write an anthem of our own. Now, these are rhyming dictionaries for all of you."

While Cynthia flips through her book, Santana raises her hand, gaining the attention of the room. "Uh, Mr. Schue. Tina and I have been uh already working on a song that I wrote."