𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐮𝐞 𝐒𝐲𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐟𝐟𝐥𝐞

'YOU WON'T BE ALONE FOREVER

'YOU WON'T BE ALONE FOREVER...PROBABLY.'

'I'M TOO DEPRESSED TO EVEN OPEN THIS PAMPHLET.'

'DIVORCE: WHY YOUR PARENTS STOPPED LOVING YOU.'

Cynthia raises a single eyebrow at the three pamphlets slid in her direction by Emma. "Are these new?"

"Well, the first two are." The redhead shrugs, offering a kind smile. "I was hoping to meet with you before the school shut and give you some light reading over the break. But nevertheless, I am glad you came to see me today. How are you, Cynthia?"

"I'm better. The holidays were a bit rough, considering everything, but I'm coping." Things had drastically changed in Cynthia's life, and she still felt a massive void in her every time she came home and noticed the emptiness of her father's belongings around the house. The multiple pictures around the house of the three of them together dropped down to one in the living room and two in Cynthia's bedroom. To move forward, Cynthia had to remind herself to take it one day at a time, aware that some days would be a bit worse.

That was all she could do.

"That's great to hear. It does take a lot of time to be happy and normal after what you've been through. But you will soon. Always know that you have a lot of people who love you, including both of your parents." Cynthia nods gently, smiling at the guidance counsellor. "I know we decided that our meetings would stop after winter break, but I would still like to see you once a month."

"I know." The teen collects the pamphlets in her hand. "Thank you for everything, Ms. Pillsbury. I will make sure to read through these also." As the bell rang, Cynthia collected her belongings, putting the paper pamphlets in her bag, when another pamphlet on the back shelf caught her eye.

'SO, YOU LIKE YOUR BEST FRIEND AND ARE GOING CRAZY.'

"Can I have that?" Emma turned around in her seat, furrowing her eyebrows. The redhead's eyebrow then shot up as she handed her student the pamphlet. "Sure. Do you want to talk about-"

"Oh no. It's for Kurt." Cynthia deflects, putting the paper in her bag before zipping it shut. "I'll see you next time Ms. Pillsbury." Offering a final wave, Cynthia walks out of the office, a sigh leaving her once she was out of sight of the teacher. Shaking her head, Cynthia makes her way to the for the glee club meeting. When she turned the corner, she stumbled slightly as a whole football team walked past her, chucking and hollering loudly. Furrowing her eyebrows, Cynthia looks at the boys over her shoulder, rolling her eyes. When she turned back around, her eyes fell on one Artie Abrams drenched from top to bottom in slushies.

"Oh my God, Artie!" Cynthia rushes to the boy crouching in front of him. "Are you ok?" Artie shivers as Cynthia gently removes his glasses so she can wipe off his lenses. "I can only see red. I'm pretty sure they put extra red dye in the slushies." After cleaning his glasses, Cynthia gently wipes the boy's face with her sleeves, but it doesn't matter. Artie puts on the glasses, blinking rapidly to reduce the burning sensation.