𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞

"Um, all right, I have one final announcement before we all leave

"Um, all right, I have one final announcement before we all leave." Will announces nervously before the glee club meeting ended. "We can't use the auditorium for the next week."

"But that's garbage" Finn exclaims, upset, just as everyone was. "How are we supposed to practice for regionals without the auditorium?"

"There's nothing I can do."

"I recommend a sit-in." Rachel announces standing up from her seat. "I recommend we torch the place."

"No. Look, we've all faced adversity before and come out stronger on the other end. I'm going to check out a few off-site locations for us to use just for the week." Mr. Schue reassures his students. "I promise I'll find us a new home."

With the bell ringing, everyone makes their way out of the room. Just as Cynthia exits the room, she hears Mercedes calling out for her. "Cynthia!" She slows her steps, catching up with the new cheerio. "Can I ask you something?" Cynthia nods in agreement, furrowing her eyebrows at her friend.

"How do you become thin?" Taken aback by the question, confusion swirls through her mind. Cynthia was not what society deemed thin or fat. She's somewhere in between and is not bothered by anything related. "Um, I mean, it's kind of just how it has been for a long time. But there are months where I gain weight and bloat, and some months I don't. Is everything okay?"

The two girls stop walking as a defeated look comes on the diva. "Coach Sylvester wants us to lose 10 pounds by next week for some reporter; otherwise, I'm cut."

"That's unreasonable! And not to mention, very unhealthy. Loosing that much weight in such a short time is dangerous." Cynthia exclaims in disbelief. Noticing the nervous look on her face, Cynthia places a comforting hand on her arm. "Mercedes, you are a beautiful, sexy, confident woman. You don't need some number on a scale to confirm that."

"I appreciate it!" Mercedes chuckles slightly, only to have a sad smile on her face. "But, I do need to lose some weight before my next weigh-in. I really like being in the cheerios." The Mercedes she met would have never uttered those words, but to each their own, I guess. 

Cynthia sighs in defeat at her resilient friend. "I wish I could help you, but frankly, I don't really know any diets I'd recommend. What I can do is make sure you stay away from candy and anything 'unhealthy' but only if you pinky swear that you will not starve yourself." Mercedes perks at the help and links her pinky with Cynthia, nodding her head in agreement. As she watched her cheerio friend walk away, she couldn't help but form a frown, worry filling her chest.

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

"A roller rink?" Santana states this in disgust at their teachers' new rehearsal space. "Weren't those outlawed in, like, 1981 for being totally lame?"

"Yeah, why can't we just rehearse in the choir room? We are not going to get anything done in that place." Cynthia suggests not really being on board with a roller rink that was owned by April Rhodes. "Come on, guys. Where's your sense of adventure? The space is great, and April is giving it to us to practice in for free."