𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐬

"Before we start, let's welcome back Cynthia, back from her suspension

"Before we start, let's welcome back Cynthia, back from her suspension." Everyone cheers and hollers while the girl rolls her eyes, smiling at her friends. "Cynthia, I hope the time away was spent well and allowed you to evaluate your thoughts."

"It sure did, Mr. Schue. In fact, while watching the whole box set of Seinfeld, I have come to the conclusion that life sucks. And when the next three years go by, this school and this town can kiss my ass." Puck hollers from his place, clapping as everyone around her silently laughs at the comment. Will calms the students down as he attempts to move on to the next topic. "All right, guys. We're doing a new number for Sectionals." He begins handing everyone sheet music. "I know that pop songs have sort of been our signature pieces, but I did a little research on past winners, and it turns out that the judges like songs that are more accessible. Stuff they know. Uh, standards, Broadway."

"Defying Gravity? I have an iPod shuffle dedicated exclusively to selections from Wicked. This is amazing." Kurt exclaims in excitement. The coach smiles at the boy before turning to Rachel. "Think you can handle it, Rachel?" Kurt's shoulders dropped as many grew irritated and annoyed. Placing a hand on her chest, Rachel speaks, pissing off just about everyone internally. 

"It's my go-to shower song. It's also my ring tone."

"Why do we have to go all vanilla on this song? See, what we need is my chocolate thunder." Mercedes exclaims, being the first to speak out.

"Exactly. If this is going to be our opening song at sectionals, it will be a big advantage for us to do something unique with it." Cynthia adds on before turning to Rachel. "No offense Rachel, you singing this will be phenomenal but also very basic and boring."

"Girls, we don't have time to rearrange a song. Rachel is singing it. Don't worry, Mercedes, we'll find something for you to dip in chocolate." Everybody chuckles, except the two girls, who just slumped back in defeat.

"On to item two. The school won't pay for the special bus we need to take Artie and his wheelchair with us to sectionals." Will informs the kids, making everyone look in disbelief.

"W-w-what?" Tina speaks up. "That's completely unfair."

"So we're going to have to raise money to pay for it ourselves. See, when I was in Glee Club and we needed new silk cummerbunds for regionals, we held a bake sale." Will suggests it to the teens. After a momentary pause, scattered laughter rang around the room.

"You're joking, right?" Santana chuckles. "I mean, bake sales are kind of bougie."

"So hip people stopped eating delicious sugary treats?"

"It's not that? It's just most of us don't know how to bake. I find...recipes...confusing." Brittany slowly speaks up, enunciating every word.

"My family is fully committed to takeout." says Rachel.

"Yeah, Mr. Schue, kids are busier than when you went here. We've got homework and football, and teen pregnancy...lunch." Finn continues. "Also, no one here will be willing to buy cupcakes when everyone from their grandma is health conscious." Also, there is a 95% chance that no one in this club can bake without setting the kitchen on fire. Cynthia thinks to herself. "We can put on a benefit. A bunch of us can sing and use the proceeds from that to-."