𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐲 𝐇𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐫 𝐆𝐥𝐞𝐞 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐰

"So, how's school?" Violet breaks the deafening silence in the dining room

"So, how's school?" Violet breaks the deafening silence in the dining room. Cynthia just shrugs, twirling the ramen in her fork. "It's whatever. Everyone's busy with this year's musical. We're doing Rocky Horror."

The two adults share a glance, their mouths opening and closing. "That's certainly...a choice." Violet clears her throat. "What part are you playing?"

"Um, no one. I'm not taking part." Cynthia replied nonchalantly, confusing her parents. "Mr. Schue is only putting on Rocky Horror to impress Ms. Pillsbury, and with all the rewrites to remove the inappropriate content, the whole thing is already a mess." While this was the reasoning behind Cynthia's decision not to give her parents the permission slip for their signature, the underlying reason was that she was not mentally stable enough to deal with anything school- or glee club-related.

After her breakdown outside Breadstix, Finn and Rachel drove her back home, not leaving until Cynthia was fast asleep. Over that weekend, Finn, still concerned, tried talking to the girl but got no response. Even when she came to glee club, she now sat silently in the back corner, gave little to no input during the hour-long session and was the first to leave, trying to avoid any conversations. Cynthia wanted to talk to everyone like she always did. But, overnight, the mere thought of getting out of bed seemed like the most daunting task.

"Well, sweetie, maybe this might be a disaster as you say it is, but you'll still be having fun with your friends-"

"It's just a stupid play. Why are you forcing me to do something I don't want to?" Violet and Cooper were startled at their daughter's outburst. "Just...let it go." Frustrated and overwhelmed, Cynthia jolts up from her chair, storming up to her room, her door slamming shut, echoing in her parents' minds, both in a deep state of worry.

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

"I-I don't understand. You don't want to participate just 'cause?" Cynthia mentally rolled her eyes at the question but nodded in response. "Cynthia, you're really talented. You would make a great asset to the show." Will remarks, complimenting his student. "Thank you, Mr. Schue. But, I am not really interested in the musical, that's all." 

Now, Will Schuester was at fault for only focusing on selected students, even if he would never admit it. But, for a student who was very vocal about criticizing and offering side comments about things done in the club, going from that to completely dissociating during meetings raised concerns. He always ensured that the glee club was a place where everyone could be safe and where no one was embarrassed for going through something. 

"Is everything okay?" Cynthia frowns at the question, quickly growing defensive, which Will notices and attempts to assure her. "I'm only asking because I've noticed you not participating in a few meetings and didn't perform in the duets competition. I just want to make sure all is well, and if it isn't, you can talk to me or Ms. Pillsbury." A familiar feminine laugh causes Cynthia to hesitate to reply to the teacher. Composing herself, she puts on a fake smile. "I just have a lot on my plate with school and stuff. I don't have time to take on another thing on my plate. Sorry." Cynthia walks away and sits in the back row, a few seats away from Santana. Everyone around her was going through their scripts while Cynthia toyed with her phone on her lap. The entire room was transformed into a makeshift stage with tape markings on the floor.