𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦 𝐎𝐧

"Okay, guys, listen up

"Okay, guys, listen up. This is Mr. Ryan. He's a member of the school board, and he would like to say a few words." Will introduces the man to the group. "I-I just want you guys to listen critically and know that what he's saying is just one of many opinions."

"Take out a piece of paper. And on that paper, I want you to write down your biggest dream. A dream that means so much, you're afraid to admit it even to yourself." Cynthia watches as everyone picks up a chit, writing down their dreams. Taking one of her own, she scribbles down 'to fall in love' before folding the chit. Noticing that everyone had finished writing, Mr. Grumpy walked over to Artie, taking his chit and crumples it.

"Your dream is never going to happen. Ninety-one percent of you will spend your entire lives living in Allen County, Ohio. So unless you wrote down that your dream was to 'work for a mid-market health insurance provider' or 'find an entry-level job in an elderly care facility,' you're going to be very disappointed." Watching everyone's faces fall, Cynthia stares at the man in disgust.

"This is really depressing." Mercedes mutters, her eyes casting down at her own chit.

"I'm going to guess that a lot of your dreams involve 'showbiz.' Well, let me tell you. Showbiz dreams are the most unrealistic of them all." Cynthia's eyes darted to their teacher, who shot glares at their guest but still stayed quiet.

"But... that's what I want to do with my life."

"Oh, look, I'm not trying to hurt your feelings; I'm just trying to spare you disappointment." Mr. Ryan says in a fake disappointed voice, tears springing in Tina's eyes.

"Hold up; first of all, stop projecting your life failures on us. Also, not all our dreams are to end up in the showbiz." Cynthia defends, crossing her arms at her chest and glaring at Mr. Douchebag. "My dream is to fall in love." 

Her friends turn back in slight awe while the man stares at the girl with nastiness. "That's worse than wanting to end up in showbiz." Cynthia furrows her eyebrows mentally, preparing for the crap that will follow soon. "Falling in love? Please! It's like willingly jumping into a pit of quicksand and hoping you'll come out looking like a model. Instead, you emerge with your hair a mess, your dignity in tatters, and a drinking problem. Falling in love is like chasing a rainbow while riding a unicycle on a tightrope over a pool of sharks. It's unrealistic, it's absurd, and it's a dumb dream. Get over it."

"I think we get your point." Will interjects having enough of it.

"Aw, well, Schuester, here's a prime example. He used to have that glimmer of hope in his eyes that I can see right now in all of yours. But he couldn't make it happen for himself, so he now has to try and convince you all that it will happen for you. Guess what? His dream didn't work out. And neither will yours." Tina was now loudly sobbing while Cynthia slouched back on her seat, baffled by everything. Just because his life was crap doesn't mean everyone else's has to be. Also, Mr. Schue should really stop dragging the kids into his crap.