Chapter 15

As I walk through the airport I scan my surroundings. I don't need to check in so I can go straight to security. Wait! Once I know which gate I need to go to... terminal 1, gate... aha! Gate B, here I come.

I walk to security and get in line. There are a lot of people but most are efficient and I only take five minutes to get to the actual rolly thingies. I place my kindle, phone, laptop, watch and Fanny pack in one tray, my backpack in another and then my carryon right after it. As I pass through the scanners I remember that they randomly choose people to drug test them, or actually scan them closely.

Beep! Beep! I sigh. Of course it would beep on me. I stand off to the side and the guy does the test on me in two seconds, but it takes half a minute to get the results and it feels like forever! There are more people behind me and I need to get my things or I'll hold up all of them. Finally it comes back negative, thankfully, and I'm able to retrieve all my items. I follow the signs, downstairs for gate B, and pull out my phone to call Liam.

As it rings I walk through all the gift shops and restaurants and arrive at the corridor leading to gate B.

"Hello luv! Where are you?"

"Hi Liam!! I just got through security and I'm heading to my gate now. Is everyone there?"

"Hi Liv!!!" Niall's voice pierces my ear and I pull the phone away, wincing slightly.

"Yeah, hi Niall! I think the whole airport heard you!" I laugh.

"You're on speaker over here. So how long till your flight takes off?"

"Hang on, I'm getting to the screens with flight information, let's see... Nashville, nope... Amsterdam, Madrid, Atlanta, Belfast... London! Taking off at 5.30, boarding at 4.45pm and it's currently 4.27! I'm afraid I'll have to run through the airport guys! So sorry but I need to hang up since I'm going to call Harry before I get on the plane. I'll see you all later I hope!!"

"Okay Liv, safe travels! Bye Liv!!! We'll miss you!" Their voices overlap each other and I smile.

"Byeee!" I hang up and find Harry's number. I click call and grab my carryon by the handle. I start walking quickly and he picks up after three rings.

"Liv! How are you? Have you landed yet?"

"Hi... Harry! Sorry, I'm... running through the airport! I might... be late to... my gate so I'm... hurrying my way... through! Almost... there!"

"Oh goodness Liv, take your time I'm sure you'll be fine! There's always a huge queue for these types of things anyway!"

"I know! But I... want to be... there on time!" I see my gate number, B34, up ahead and I slow down. Nobody is even standing up yet so there's no hurry at all! I catch my breath slowly.

"Liv? You still there?"

"Sorry yes! I'm fine, I'm right here! The gate's right in front of me. I'll just sit down here and wait for my seat group to be called. Anyway, how are you?"

"I'm doing all right, are you sure you're okay?"

"Yes I'm fine! Tell me all about Slane!"

"It was an amazing concert luv, I enjoyed it so much! Did you see my outfit?" I nod excitedly, then realize he can't see me.

"I did! It was beautiful! I also saw that you told the audience to sing it out for Mullingar... that's going a bit far wouldn't you say?" I smirk.

"I mean... if anybody catches it they're very dedicated fans."

"Harry! What are you talking about?!" Several people glance at me, as I've raised my volume. "Oh goodness," I say softer. "Like ten people just looked at me when I said your name. You're now Curtis okay? Hang on."