VIII

Xylo appeared to be heavily sedated when Benjamin returned to room 379. All the patient could do was move his large emerald eyes in his direction.

"Hello, Xylo." Benjamin had returned with the rest of Xylo's cake. "I hope you're well." Benjamin thought he might as well pay Xylo a visit before he left for the night.

The patient whimpered in an attempt to get out of bed.

"Shh, it's okay. Stay still." Benjamin crept closer to Xylo, who tried to hug Benjamin's coat. There was a long, warm embrace between the black-haired boy and his doctor.

↫~~~~~❖~~~~~↬

As the tranquilizers faded, Xylo Vovk nonchalantly rose to his feet. And made his move. He was furious that the redhead had ruined everything. And he wasn't hurt as much as he deserved.

Xylo started to remove his straitjacket. He'd done it many times before, so it was quite easy. Once the tiresome garment was off, he spat out the pin he'd taken from Benjamin.

He glanced down. 'Kasper Isak' was written on it. The name infuriated Xylo even further. It was late in the night when he picked the locked door with Kasper's pin. So no one would hear him when he opened it.

The patient snuck down the hall as quietly as he could. He opened the infirmary door and looked for the ginger. There, asleep on a bed, was Kasper.

His face contorted into a murderous sneer, he was bloodthirsty. Xylo grabbed a scalpel and approached the doctor.

Xylo quickly slashed at his prey's throat. A fountain of blood erupted. Screaming at the man on top of him, Kasper's eyes widened in horror. His attempt to push the man off of him was in vain.

The maniac kept stabbing Kasper in his neck and eye. He pulled his weapon back for another strike when Kasper managed to wrestle the scalpel from Xylo's grasp and knock it to the ground.

He took hasty, labored breaths, his heart pounding out of his chest. He could barely see as he pushed Xylo away and ran.

Xylo grabbed a stethoscope and began strangling him from behind. Kasper was writhing back and forth, desperately trying to stop the patient.

Kasper felt the air leave his lungs and soon collapsed on the hard floor.

The deed was done. Kasper was dead. But that didn't stop Xylo from bashing his head in until it was covered in blood and gore.

Xylo laughed at the sight of the weak man. With a kick at the bloody corpse, he slowly left the room. It was time to get the hell out of this dump. And he wanted to take Benjamin with him.