XVI

A meltdown or explosion at a nuclear power plant could release large amounts of radioactive material into the environment. In the event of an explosion, people inside the nuclear facility would likely be contaminated and possibly injured. People in the vicinity of a nuclear facility could also be at risk of exposure or contamination. Or at least that's what Benjamin had told Xylo.

Neither had any desire to stay in Obrigheim, but there was one thing Xylo had to do before their departure.

Sitting on their shared hotel bed, Benjamin still tried his best to stop the black-haired boy. Xylo looked up at Benjamin from his book.

"Benny, trust me! Axey and I are gonna bust 'em, and then we're gonna leave." Benjamin frowned at the boy, tears filling his eyes.

"No...I won't let you. I don't know how you even managed to bring down Heinrich Hertz, to begin with, but it won't happen again! Okay?" More tears fell as he desperately begged Xylo for mercy.

Xylo had only seen it on a couple of occasions, but seeing him cry was painful. Normally, something like that didn't affect Xylo, but with the doctor, it was a different story.

"Sorry, Benny. But I gotta!" He began rethinking, the more Benjamin frightened him with facts on radiation, but he thought that if they left quickly, they'd be okay.

Xylo hugged him, trying to keep the tears from streaming down his face. After a while, he managed to change the subject. It was very late, and Xylo went to change into the only other pair of pajamas he had at the moment.

Benjamin wouldn't let the boy succeed. Maybe he could sneak out tonight and get some help. He had to admit, though, that Xylo was being very nice. He had forgiven Benjamin completely. And if he had not been in this predicament, he might even consider Xylo a friend. Perhaps even more than a friend.

He shook his head at the nonsensical idea as Xylo returned dressed in pink and black plaid pajamas. He looked adorable in them, but Benjamin refused to entertain such thoughts. He was still trying to be Xylo's doctor, even though it was clear he hadn't done a very good job. Xylo flung himself onto the grey bedding with a grin.

"You should bathe tomorrow, your hair is oily," Benjamin said, lying next to Xylo.

"What! No." His large green eyes turned in defiance.

"Yes." He pulled Xylo toward him and ran his fingers through his ebony curls. Xylo giggled playfully as he tried to push Benjamin away.

"Benny!" Benjamin found himself smiling at Xylo's attempt.

Benjamin didn't know what to say to the boy hovering over him, his soft breathing hitting Benjamin's face and adding to his nerves.

There was a soft gleam in his emerald eyes, but it didn't drown out the wicked grin on his soft lips. The white-haired man hyperventilated, never thinking he would get this close to Xylo. But for some reason, he secretly liked it, though he tried hard to conceal it from the dark-haired boy,

" I-I...uhh."

"C'mon...use your words." Xylo touched the bags underneath Benjamin's eyes. His smile broadened at Benjamin's hesitation. "You had a big mouth earlier."

Benjamin couldn't help but bite down on his lip at the seductive tones laced through Xylo's voice. It turned him on too much and he began to feel guilty and angry at himself.

He drew his hand down to Benjamin's cheek, his gaze flickering between his sparkling blue eyes and his lips.

Benjamin bit his lip harder. And after an uncomfortably long period of eye contact, his head turned sideways and his eyes wandered to avoid looking back at the raven-haired man above him.

"Hahahah! Benny?" Xylo wasted no time running his fingertips along Benjamin's neck. His chin jerked up and the knot in his stomach only grew. Benjamin knew that he had to stop the boy, but he couldn't bring himself to.

Xylo moved his free hand to Benjamin's bare chest, caressing it lightly before he buried his face in the crook of his neck. His breath was hot against Benjamin's skin. "C'mon, what's wrong, love?"

Benjamin couldn't stand it any longer. He laid his head back and closed his eyes, drowning in the sensation of soft kisses on his neck before he spoke again.

"You...can't do this, Xylo."

"Hmm? Why not." Xylo spoke quietly as he paused and looked at Benjamin.

He couldn't answer Xylo's question and soon felt him pull away. A serious look crossed Xylo's face as his small hand remained on Benjamin's chest.

A small, conflicted sigh came from the doctor as Xylo slyly unbuttoned his shirt, entrancing Benjamin more than he liked. He could barely speak, his mind preoccupied elsewhere, and it seemed that his own sexual frustrations were getting in the way of a bigger problem.

A teasing grin played across Xylo's mouth. He enjoyed watching Benjamin's flustered features.

"Oh, you're so cute, Benny!" Yet another pang of anxiety came over him, what to do?

Xylo stopped talking when he felt the man's large hands press against his face.

"Don't toy with me." Xylo pouted at Benjamin's stern words.

"я не буду!" Benjamin shot him a look of warning, but that didn't stop Xylo from giving him a kiss.

"Are you a virgin?" Xylo asked after they parted.

"I-XYLO!" Benjamin covered his face in humiliation. Xylo just laughed at him. They lay there briefly before Xylo made another attempt. He pulled Benjamin on top of him and held him down. His complaints didn't deter Xylo.

"Sleep with me and I won't blow up the nuclear thingy!" Assurance permeated Xylo's voice as he spoke.

"What sort of deal is that?" Even though Benjamin didn't believe a word of what Xylo had just said, he couldn't deny his desire for another kiss.

And that's what he did. Certainly, nothing would go wrong with a simple kiss. And even though he wanted to get help, that could wait.

The bedroom was charged with tension as Xylo and Benjamin prepared for bed, exchanging flirtatious glances. When Xylo playfully teased Benjamin, neither could resist any longer. In an instant their lips met hungrily, hands roaming eagerly as pent-up desire was finally unleashed. Clothes were hastily discarded as they tumbled into bed, urgent with need. Passion ignited as their bodies intertwined, cries of pleasure echoing in the moonlit room. The night belonged to them and their ravenous appetite for one another.

↫~~~~~❖~~~~~↬

Benjamin felt guilty for enjoying it but told himself that anyone would if they were as lonely and aloof as him. Xylo, however, never thought he'd see the day when something so filthy would happen to him, but there he was, lying on Benjamin's bare chest, letting him gently run his fingers through Xylo's hair.

They were both naked under the blankets snuggling and Xylo seemed to be the only tired one. Benjamin just looked at him in the silence, his usual stoic expression crossed his face.

Unable to contain his energy, Xylo dozed off atop the doctor. Although Benjamin thought this would be a good time to sneak out, he just stared at Xylo. His black curls were a mess and Benjamin tried to brush them back. His sleeping form was charming, and soon Benjamin felt himself drifting off as well.