XI

"я тобі подобаюсь?" Xylo's question remained unanswered as Benjamin finished his meal. Gustav, Kasper, Olivia, all gone. All of the patients, gone. Benjamin was at a loss. He needed to get out of here. Xylo's attachment to him had been stronger than he had bargained for. It must have done something to him to have someone who had never left.

Xylo cast a glance at the white-haired man who refused to acknowledge his presence. Without another word, he got up and left Benjamin alone at the table. Before Benjamin could consider escaping, Xylo returned with a folder.

"Привіт. I found this before I left." His voice was devoid of emotion, but there was still a sadness in it. Benjamin glanced up, his heart racing at the sight of Xylo's file. Benjamin was afraid of what Xylo would think. Patients were not supposed to see their own files.

"I looked at it. And, uh, can you help me? I don't know these words! Aren't you clever?" He sat down again and pointed to a word on one of the pages that read 'IED disorder'. Xylo didn't know what IED was and asked his doctor about it. He was nervous and reluctant to explain but continued anyway.

"It's called Intermittent Explosive Disorder (IED). It's a disorder of impulse control characterized by sudden episodes of unwarranted anger." He tried his best to explain, but Xylo just frowned and began to ramble incoherently.

Benjamin had no idea what he was talking about but suspected he disliked being described as dangerous. He tried to help Xylo with his constant disorganized thoughts, but all he did was make him run away.

Benjamin didn't follow, instead taking his time to look around. With many curves and stairs, it was a rather large house. Benjamin looked out a window and saw nothing but trees. He made his way up the stairs and entered a room. It was an office, untouched. It clearly didn't belong to Xylo, but the computer and bookshelves gave Benjamin the feeling that he had broken into this house and done something to its owners.

He also found a bathroom and a bedroom, but nothing very interesting. He was unsure why he bothered to look around, but now that he had, he decided to go downstairs and hopefully find the exit. He saw Xylo back in the kitchen. He was holding something before him, whispering to it. Benjamin couldn't see it since Xylo's back was turned.

At Benjamin's approach, Xylo's eyes snapped to life. The doctor's blood froze. He held what Benjamin presumed was Xylo's favorite weapon.

"Hi, Benny. Like the house?" He was smiling again, but Benjamin's eyes never left the axe. Xylo noticed, and a giggle broke out.

"Aah! This is my best buddy!" Xylo showed him the weapon. "Axey the axe." Xylo rejoiced. Benjamin nodded his head.

"Oh... how fun." He feigned a laugh.

Xylo smiled and began swinging it playfully. He spoke again. He claimed that Axey was only its nickname. Benjamin slowly stepped away from the swinging axe.

"You wanna know his full name? Your little portfolio didn't mention him and that made me sad."

Nodding again, Benjamin heard the full name.

"Axey Rigor Mortis Домініон, the Greatest Axe of Eternal Sorrow and Vengeance!" Benjamin blinked.

"Th-That's quite a name."

"Thanks! I made it up myself."

↫~~~~~❖~~~~~↬

There was no escape.

It was night now. Xylo made sure that Benjamin never left his sight. He served Benjamin a bowl of stamppot and placed Axey in the chair next to him. Despite his innocent face, his eyes were cold and emotionless. The way he held himself made him look confident and powerful. Benjamin felt slightly intimidated by the short man, but because he was so small and childlike, that power was less pronounced.

They ate in silence before Benjamin decided to speak up.

"Why do you care about me, Xylo?" He asked. Xylo's tousled black hair was disheveled, and he pushed a few curls out of his wide eyes as he looked at Benjamin.

"What do you mean, Benny? You're awesome." He grinned. "You really like me! You won't go away like the others."

Benjamin was doing the dishes while Xylo talked to Axey. He kept telling it how much he missed it and how happy he was to have found it. Soon it was late and Xylo dragged Benjamin upstairs to the master bedroom.

"Axey's always slept with me. But this time you can!" Benjamin resisted strongly, but no matter how hard he tried, Xylo wouldn't budge. Soon the two of them were lying on the mattress, with the axe right under the bed. Benjamin closed his eyes and tried to sleep, but the constant rain was making that hard. Xylo, however, snuggled up to his doctor and soon dozed off.