𝔈𝔭𝔦𝔩𝔬𝔤𝔲𝔢

Benjamin hit the wet floor. His icy blue eyes closed. Xylo's had come back, but for what? The doctors that Xylo had brought with him had already seen him and were ready to take him away. But he wouldn't allow that. Benny wasn't dead...

He grabbed Axey, charging and shouting like a madman. Axey's sharp blade went straight through a woman's chest and a blood-curdling scream had reached Xylo's ears. The remnants of doctors scattered. In a flurry of stabs, Xylo cut down the final one before he reached the woods. He couldn't stand the sight of his love any longer and ran as fast as he could. No goal in sight, Xylo's only desire was to get away from it all. 

He had no idea what he was doing. He just kept crying. Xylo watched as the hours passed and he curled up under a large linden tree. Surprisingly, no police had shown up yet.

"What should I do, Axey?" He cried. His eyes were on the weapon in search of comfort, but there was only silence.

His screams were the only thing heard for miles around. As he pulled at his ebony locks, Xylo couldn't help but become enraged. He threw Axey as far as he could and listened as he fell with a violent thud. He was truly lost.

↫~~~~~❖~~~~~↬

The smell of smoke grew stronger as Xylo approached the house.

Axe in hand, the boy knocked on the door. It was a very nice, beige-colored cottage - perhaps Benjamin would like it as well.

A middle-aged man opened the door for him. Unfortunately, he hadn't any time to shut it again. Axey smashed into his skull, silencing any further screaming or struggling. He fell, and dark red pooled on the wooden floor.

With his foot on the victim's head, he pulled the weapon back out. He then went through the door in search of a kitchen, his stomach growling.

Xylo's eyes fell on a woman in the kitchen preparing cereal. And without a moment's thought, he quickly slit her throat. His green eyes gleamed at the muesli. He put Axey down on the counter before he picked up the bowl of food.

Bowl in hand, Xylo explored the sweet little cottage. On his way up the stairs, he heard a loud noise.

"MAMA! Is my muesli ready~?" While he was munching on his food, Xylo peeked through the slightly ajar door. He saw a little girl lying prone. She was drawing on the floor with paper and crayons.

"Mama?" The girl looked up at the door as it creaked open.

"Hello!" Xylo opened the door with a mouth full of muesli.

"AaHHhHh!" He winced at the loud noise. The girl recoiled, fear in her eyes. Xylo just smiled at her as he ate.

Finally, he sat down where she had been and looked at her drawing. It was a poorly drawn picture of her and her parents, supposedly doing some gardening. Although it was hard to tell.

"Ah, you like drawing! Can I try?" Without really looking for an answer, Xylo took a black crayon and drew a little. He barely noticed the little girl as she started to cry.

"Who—who are you?" She whined. Xylo barely gave her a look.

"I'm the Overlord of Bones. HAHaAhHAHahA." Xylo laughed at the confusion spread across her face.

"Th—the what?"

"Do you know how frustrating it is to translate everything in my head before speaking? Do you know how smart I am in Ukrainian?"

"I—"

"Haha, you're so cute! What's your name?" He got up and approached her.

"Uh—uuh. Back off! Where's MY MAMA?" The girl folded her arms, trying to intimidate the man.

"Well, miss, back off. Your mum is dead." His tone dropped sharply to one of annoyance as he looked down at her with a sadistic grin.

"Wh-what! DEAD?"

He had a moment of regret for not bringing Axey with him.

Proud of himself, he chirped, "Yep!" The girl gave one last shriek of horror before running off. His eyes darkening, Xylo frowned at the child. Slowly, he grew angrier as he took small steps towards her. He heard her tiny footsteps on the hard wooden floor.

On her way down the stairs, Xylo grabbed the half-eaten bowl of food and threw it at her, knocking her down. A sickening crack filled the room and Xylo began to descend. He passed the girl with her neck cracked open and headed for the axe.

When he returned, he stared down at her. Bones protruded from her neck as blood spurted out. With his axe, Xylo hacked her legs apart.

"Can't run anymore, huh? HAHahaHaAHa!" He hopped up the stairs again, bloodied and holding his friend. Axey hadn't said a word after Benjamin got sick, maybe it was just as sad as Xylo was?

He sat down next to Axey and resumed his drawing.

"Hi, Xylo!"

"Benny!" More tears welled up as Xylo stared at Benjamin's face. "You—you're OK!" He gave his doctor a tight hug.

"Of course, my love! Let's go." Xylo nodded, getting to his feet.

They set off from the cottage into the grassy unknown.

"Xylo, we'll be together forever. And we can vanquish the Nazis once and for all!" Xylo couldn't be happier as he and his beloved set off.

Xylo and Benjamin soon found their way back to the peaceful Weißer See It was such a beautiful sight. And Xylo promptly ignored the corpse lying beside him as he gazed at his beautiful darling.

"Xylo..." Benny whined.

"Yeah?"

"Xyllooo!"

"What."

"Xyloooooo!"

"WHAT!" Tears flowed from his emerald eyes.

"Why did you go back on your word, Xylo? You said you wouldn't..."

Xylo was at a loss for words, it hadn't been his intention to break his promise to Benjamin, it was just a matter of scaring them by exploding the power plant. He tried to explain, but the more he talked, the louder Benjamin's cries got. It infuriated Xylo yet saddened him. His only wish was for Benjamin to be happy.

"I HaTEe YOoUu! WHy diD yoU DO iT! YoU KILlEd SoOOooO MANy PEOplE XyLOoO."

Xylo couldn't bear it anymore. He tore off the drawing of Benjamin's face and threw it into the lake along with Axey.

He couldn't catch his breath as he stared at Benjamin's peaceful body lying in the grass. It was a tear in his heart. He couldn't look at his doctor anymore. Carefully he picked up his beloved. He kissed his once warm lips before lowering him gently into the water with Axey. He watched as Benjamin slowly sank. Gone...forever.

Everything was gone. And Xylo was in desperate need of a reason for life. He wanted to be with Benjamin so excruciatingly, and so he slowly walked into the lake...

"Don't do it!"

Xylo jumped at the low voice behind him. He whirled around to find a frightened man. He was confused as to why this random stranger was wasting his time on Xylo's behalf.

"Huh?" Xylo looked at the handsome man dully.

 "Come with me, I'll help you," the stranger implored, "just please don't do this!"

Xylo froze, stunned by this sudden twist of fate. Perhaps this alluring newcomer could be his salvation. And for some odd reason, slowly, he emerged from the lake's cold embrace.
Xylo trembled with cautious hope. Maybe he could go on living after all. "Who are you?" he replied in a whisper.

"I'm Kai," the stranger said gently. "What's your name?"