XII

Four days had passed since Benjamin's abduction. Xylo made sure that Benjamin didn't leave, and the more they talked, the more Xylo started to get infatuated. They had many similarities (at least to Xylo). They enjoyed reading, cooking, and even cleaning. Xylo was lucky to have Benjamin in his life. He did not know what love felt like, but he knew he loved the white-haired man as much as he loved Axey.

Xylo had told Benjamin never to go to the cellar or outside. But otherwise, Xylo thought things were going great. They cooked every day, and he loved when Benjamin lit the fireplace and Xylo cuddled with him on the couch.

As Benjamin read one of the books he found in the office, Xylo stared at him. Xylo imagined their life together. He and Benny would live in this house together. He would never hurt Benny, he would treat him like the angel that Benny was. They would cook and eat together and maybe even grow some vegetables. Then Xylo could stop going to the store.

Then he thought of something more sinister. He could kill everyone in Denmark, and keep Benny for himself. Then they could live happily ever after. And then sexual thoughts began to stir. Xylo had never kissed a man before, but he was sure that Benny would taste wonderful. He wondered if Benny was a virgin, perhaps he would ask.

All his life, Xylo considered himself asexual. He had never met anyone who made him blush like Benny. He was handsome, intelligent, tall, friendly, and his hair was like snow. Why was he so taken? He tried not to be. But the harder he tried, the harder it was.

He worried Benny would leave him. Maybe he disliked Xylo. Or maybe he just wasn't into boys. Xylo hadn't asked. Why hadn't he asked? His head began to spin, and without realizing it, he began to hyperventilate. He was sad, sad and afraid that Benny didn't want him. For a while, there was nothing but static. He was used to the noise but he didn't like it. It scared him even more. He just wanted Benny to kiss him and tell Xylo that he loved him.

All he wanted was for Benny to pick him up and take him to the bedroom. Where he would-

"Xylo?"

Where he'd-

"Hey...Xylo?" Benjamin worried about the crying boy as his mind snapped back to reality.

Xylo felt his tears, his face flushed with embarrassment as he looked at Benjamin. For the first time, he was at a loss for words. He had too many questions.

He burst into laughter. Stumbling over his words, he became more erratic by the second.

"What er-what, what's that na-name for when uhh you um." He was angry, and the laughter was in full force. "For... the thing! The THING when you love! When you love men!?" Benjamin stared at the unpredictable boy and worry crossed his features.

"Um...do you mean gay?"

"YES! Haha...ha-Is that you? Are you...is it!?" Xylo was so nervous that he was almost on the verge of fainting.

"I-no." Benjamin's answer felt like a bullet hitting Xylo. Just the single word "no" made him want to cry.

"Well, I suppose I'm bisexual. I've dated both sexes." Xylo's ears perked up. He didn't expect that.

"ти міг би любити мене?" Xylo murmured. Benjamin had no knowledge of Ukrainian and had no answer. But that was fine. Xylo did not want an answer. He was too afraid.

↫~~~~~❖~~~~~↬

Benjamin went to the cellar. Xylo had taken off with his axe again. For the third time that week, he left without telling Benjamin where he went. But there was a part of Benjamin that already knew what he was doing. Last night Benjamin awoke to screaming. Xylo wasn't beside him that night. He was horrified by Xylo. But he had to know. His suspicions had to be confirmed.

He descended slowly. He was back in the empty room with the lone chair and that horrible stench. On his right was a mysterious door. Benjamin's stomach tightened as he approached it. Hand on the knob, he knew this was it.

It was not locked, and when he opened it, he gasped for breath. It was a giant torture chamber.

There were machines everywhere. Meat hooks, cages, an electric chair, a meat grinder, tons of weapons, a conveyor belt of corpses, a gatch bed with restraints, and lots of tools.

Benjamin felt sick. Blood was all around. The stench increased tenfold once he entered. There were dead bodies strewn about and pieces of skin hung to dry. It was the most disgusting thing he had ever witnessed. Xylo was diseased.

Benjamin had to leave. He had to leave the cellar and leave this house. But before he did, he saw another door. It was coated in dark red. Things couldn't get any worse. Could they?

With a grunt, the doctor opened the jammed door. His icy blue eyes widened exponentially as he looked around. The stench of rotting flesh and blood intensified as he stared at... it.

An armchair. The shape of a hand. Made of faces, organs, skin, and eyes sewn together. It was rotten to the core. The chair was in front of a table. On the table was a deadly missile and several bombs.

Benjamin quickly left the room, holding back the urge to vomit. He had to get out of here. He ran to the main entrance. It was locked, of course. But that would not be an obstacle to his escape. He grabbed one of the vases and threw it out the window.

There were shards of glass everywhere, and Benjamin jumped out. The soft grass hit his bare feet. That was easier than he thought. He ran immediately. It didn't matter where he went.

He raced through the forest. His white hair blew in the wind as he weaved his way through. He had to call for help. Xylo was bombed and armed, but Benjamin would stop him.

He had to.