Mercury goes missing.

Mercury is seen wandering the streets of Vale. Cinder had ordered him to find Emerald.

Mercury: Come on. Come on. Dammit she isn't picking up her Scroll. Where is she?

He continues on unaware of the figure watching him. He walks through Vale with no luck. Just as he was about to head back a voice from the alley speaks to him.

???: You Mercury Black?

Mercury: I might be. What's it to you?

The steps forward just a little bit. Wearing a sleak suit of black and Orange and a helmet with an Orange visor. He was carrying a katana.

???: The Name's Crimson Dragoon.

Mercury: And you want what from me?

???: I'm part of an assassin guild. We would like you to join.

Mercury: Why haven't I heard of you then?

???: Hehe, funny boy. A good assassin and his work is never known about or connected.

Mercury: If I join this guild what do I get?

???: Simple, better pay-

Mercury: Deal!

???: Seriously? No questions? Just like that?

Mercury: You had me at better pay.

???: Fine meet me tonight at the docks where Torchwick got jumped.

Mercury: How can I sure this isn't a trap or setup?

"Crimson Dragoon" kicks forward a briefcase from the shadows to Mercury's feet. Mercury slowly opens it and goes wide eyed at the sight of at 10 million Lien in the case.

???: Think of this as an...investment , no strings attached. Any assassin worth the trade knows that money talks.

Mercury: Got that right.

???: What do you say?

Mercury: Fine, I'll bite.

???: Excellent, you won't regret this opportunity.

Mercury: Yeah, yeah. Now let's split from here.

???: This conversation never happened.

He slinks back into the shadows and disappears. Mercury goes a separate way. Once Mercury is out of sight another figure emerges from the alley. It was Six.

Six: Well, that was easy, a little tricky keeping my PIP-boy hidden though. Better get ready for tonight. Mercury better watch out.

Timeskip to nighttime.

Mercury is standing under a dim light, leaning against a random shipping container. He's getting agitated, the assassins guild was supposed to meet him here. His train of thought was interrupted by several Dust rounds hitting the ground infront of him. Jumping out the way he lands in a combat stance.

Mercury: Hey! Who's there?!

Six: It's just me. Consider this your initiation.

Mercury: Wait what?! Crimson Dragoon?!

No response.

Mercury: And now he's gone silent, great.

Several more rounds fly past him, a few even hitting him. Mercury turns around just in time to the muzzle flash coming from a stack of boxes. He jumps at them but no one was there. More shots come from the other side of the dock.

Mercury: Show yourself! Might me like a man!

Six: Very well.

Six makes himself known and walks to Mercury. The two stare at each other, Six had one hand on his Katana. They stand in silence until Mercury makes the first move and charges at Six. He gets his shotgun boots ready. Just as he was about to fire them Six steps to the side and slashes Mercury's back knocking down some Aura.

Six: Sloppy.

Mercury: Who you calling sloppy?

Six: You.

Mercury gets angry and charges at Six again. The same thing happens Side step, Slash. This goes on until Mercury is laying on his back, Aura shattered, cuts all over his body and his breathing heavy.

Six: Ya know what? That was actually a decent fight. Somewhat one-sided but ya kept me on my feet.

Mercury's eyes widen at that voice. That voice can only mean-

Six: Oh, you've finally noticed who I am.

Mercury: *coughs* You're that asshole, Six.

Six: The one and only.

Mercury: What's the deal with fighting me huh?

Six: Oh, you know just foiling that plan you got going on.

Mercury: How do you know?

Six: Oh, your friend Emerald told me about it. Took her a little convincing, but boy did she sing like a songbird.

Mercury: Emerald? Where is she? Where is she you asshole?!

Six: Now how do I describe this? Oh yeah! She's dead. Also you use the word"asshole" a lot.

Mercury: Aaarrgghh! I'll kill you!

Six pulls out Lucky

Six: Nice joke, but I've heard better. The thing here is I'm not the one dying tonight. You are. Any last words?

Mercury leans up a bit, using his elbow as support

Mercury: *spits at Six* Fuck you!

Six: That it? No "how's your sister" or anything like that?

Mercury: Ye-

Bang!

Mercury collapses back down. Six spins Lucky and holsters it. Determining how to dispose of the body he looks around the dock and spots a lone barrel of Fire Dust giving him an idea. An hour later The police arrived to be greeted by Six who was the one who reported a burnt body. Now the police were collecting his statement.

Detective: You were who found the body?

Six: Yes.

Detective: And you say you were out for a walk when you smelt something funny. When you came around the corner you saw the body in a still smoking barrel?

Six: Yes again.

Detective: You don't mind if we check your hands for any Dust residue?

Six: Go right ahead.

The Detective takes a swab of Six's hands and puts the samples in a small device in the back of his vehicle. The results showed no Dust residue.

Detective: No Dust. Did you by any chance see anyone suspicious in the area?

Six: Not that I have. You might find something on the cameras.

Detective: No can do. The cameras in this area were damages a while ago with that fight here a few months back.  You're clear to go.

Six: Thanks, sorry I couldn't help more.

Detective: Don't sweat it. From the looks of it our victim somehow fell in the barrel.

Six: Wait, they fell?

Detective: Yeah, considering the barrel was next to the warehouse loading bay, and common practicing before moving Dust in barrels is to remove the lid to check what type of Dust it is in case of a mis-labelling so the proper protocol can be followed.

Six: So it was just bad luck? Shit.

Detective: You best be off don't need people around possibly altering evidence.

Six: Yeah, see ya.

Detective: Cheers, and thanks for calling us about this. Better you than some poor dock worker in the morning.

Six leaves the scene, smirking under his mask. He didn't particularly enjoy lying to the detective but hey atleast Mercury was dealt with.

He heads back to Beacon and crashes onto his bed. All that was left now was dealing with Cinder and he had the perfect plan.

Chapter End

A/N: And done. Damn ADHD making me lose focus. Every time I would start writing this chapter I would get distracted by something and then forget about this chapter. Anyway enjoy.