28. now i see daylight

I'M IN THE shooting range, practicing a little before we go to battle with Anderson

I'M IN THE shooting range, practicing a little before we go to battle with Anderson. Thing is, I don't really need guns and bullets and stuff because I have my powers and can therefore just blast people away or whatever but that doesn't mean I shouldn't at least learn how to shoot properly. I've never been all that good in it.

"Just one. . ." I squint my eyes and try to improve my aim. Slowly, I begin to focus my vision on the target in the distance, the small red dot representing the very middle of the "person's" chest, and gradually start to squeeze the trigger.

The trigger goes off and the bullet flies right out of the front of the gun, speeding towards the target but I miss the middle by an inch or two.

"Damnit," I swear.

"You're getting better," I hear him say from behind me.

A gasp escapes my lips as I jump with a fright, turning around. There he stands—my jaw drops. I just. . .now that I'm seeing this standing before me? This Greek God? I'm just. . .words fail me.

It appears as though he's just come out of the shower, black sweatpants on and hair still messy and wet, water dripping down those gorgeous abs of his that glow under the chandelier's illumination. Aaron's chest heaves slightly, rising and falling and somehow looking so effortlessly stunning at the same time.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I blurt out, staring with zero shame. He knows I love him and his body, so what? Okay, maybe he doesn't know the him part but he doesn't need to either.

He frowns a little. "What do you mean?"

"I could've shot you!"

"Uh, I doubt it, your gun is pointed in the entirely different direction,"

I roll my head. "Never mind, you gorgeously unaware sculpture of a human,"

He tilts his head. "What do you mean?"

"I'm telling you you're handsome," I say with a shrug. "Duh,"

Blood roses to Aaron's cheeks, coloring them in the sweetest crimson. "Thank you," he says.

I snort. "What are you doing here?" I love how easily I can make him nervous.

"I was exercising and then had my shower," he explains. "You, however, have no reason to be in here,"

"Yes, I do," I counter. "Sure, I have powers and all but what if someone takes them? I mean, you for one have abilities that steal powers. You're a power thief, remember?"

"But how would one even think about taking your abilities?"

"I don't know, ask your father, he's the villain in our story,"