F o u r

Chapter Four

Sweet and dumb.

(Jason on the side)

After what felt like hours, someone yanked me out of the car, and I felt the soft ground beneath my shoes. Where the actual heck was I?
It was going to be difficult to escape from here – wherever here is – since the last town we passed was called Augusta nearly 30 minutes ago. The whole neighborhood, I couldn't even call it a neighborhood since there were no other houses besides the one we were currently standing in front of, was abandoned. Like who the hell would live out here? No signs of living. No signs of human population. The perfect place for kidnappers. I gave them credits for that.

"What are we supposed to do with her now?", Jason asked and gave me a small smile, trying to lighten this whole situation up. Sweet.
"We're keeping her until we get some money", Andrew answered and his voice as scratchy as I was already used to.
"You won't get any money", I snapped, and four pair of eyes landed on me. Not that I expected them to believe me, but did they really think that they would get money for a hostage like me? Someone they just randomly picked up on the streets? Seriously?

"How can you be sure about it princess? Your parents will pay for you. Sooner or later. I don't mind at all", Damian spoke, and I shook my head amused. My parents would do everything to save me, but let's face it. I won't be here for too long.
"If you say so", I mumbled, and they stared at me confused. These guys were the worst wanna-be gang members I have ever seen in my entire life.
"Okay. Let's get her inside", Steven finally suggested while he spoke through gritted teeth. I bet someone was cold.
"Don't you even dare to touch me douche-bag!", I yelled, angry and disgusted before Damian could grab me.
"Or what?"
"I will destroy you, Damian. Believe me or not. I will make you suffer for everything. Remember my words", I threatened him, and he scoffed softly. The other three of them stared at me astonished. Told you that they were going to regret kidnapping me. No one ever kidnaps Haley fúcking Parker.
"Is that a threat little girl?"
"No, it's a promise."

The moment we entered the black painted house, with a big front yard, that needed some gardening desperately, and dark-gray steps leading to a white porch surrounded by a blackish fence, I realized how expensive everything seemed to be.

"You guys must really know how to make money illegally", I mumbled and caught a smirk on Damian's stupidly attractive face. Screw him and his whole gang. I will send them right back to where they came from - hell.
"I'm sorry", the one with the British accent, Jason, whispered, and I raised an eyebrow; scrutinizing him. Uh-huh, sure.
"Haley, I mean it. We usually never pull stunts like that and I've never signed up for kidnapping either", he explained, and I nodded. Pretending to understand. Maybe he's the only one I won't send back to hell. He'll rot in prison instead.
"Save it", I snorted, and he raised his shoulders, signalizing me that he was innocent.

Right and I was the queen of England.

"Could you two just stop flirting already?", Andrew's annoyed glance landed on us, and Damian shot us a glare. Someone's being jealous. Interesting.
"Jealous much?", I asked him, defying him, and Andrew came one step closer while I stayed my ground.
"You know I could easily make you fall in love with me within seconds", he spoke, and I burst out into laughter.
"Sure."
"I meant it", he spat, and I couldn't stop laughing. Was this a joke? Like this whole kidnap-thing? Maybe I didn't quite catch up, but weren't they supposed to lock me into a cell or into a basement or something instead of trying to make me fall head over heels for them? Seriously. Freaking amateurs.
"I'm in a relationship, jerk", I countered, and his eyes flickered full of amusement. Of course, I wasn't. And of course, this wouldn't stop him either.
"That's just a barrier we can easily ignore", Andrew explained, and I watched Damian's blue eyes burning into the black-haired head of Andrew himself. This information could become handy sometimes.
"I'm lesbian", I lied, and his eyes grew within a second. Shock and astonishment traveled through his glance, and I chuckled.
"Really?", Damian's shocked voice asked, and his blue eyes were about to pop out.
"Why would I lie about that?"
"Why would you tell us the truth about you either?", Jason asked and raised an eyebrow; a small smile played around his red lips. A smart one. I see.
"Because I'm not interested in any of you", I said with my wasn't-this-obvious-voice. I would be out of here before the sun was about to rise again tomorrow morning anyway.
"I still think you're lying", the British accent hollered through the house while he slowly walked upstairs, leaving me with three dumb-asses alone. Cross that. Two dumb-asses and one guy called Steven.