N i n e

Chapter Nine

This isn't over yet.

"What did he tell you, Haley?", Jason's worried voice asked me when Damian and Brian slowly disappeared out of our sights. Confused, I stared after them. Blinking once, twice before I finally turned my head to my right looking at two green eyes which were tenderly staring at me. He was coming back for me?
"Nothing", I mumbled, but he shook his head as if he didn't believe a word I said.
"That didn't look like nothing, Haley. So, tell me. What did he say?", Jason ordered, and his voice was filled with anger. Something I've never heard from him before.
"It's nothing. I was just confused. End of the story Jason", I lied while he furrowed his eyebrows, staring directly into my eyes.
"Who the hell even cares about what he said to her?", Andrew snapped pissed. Oh, someone was extremely sensitive today. But he was right. Who cares? It was not like those guys were my friends, and I was sure that this was just an empty threat. What would his advantage be if he really kidnapped me from my kidnappers? Seriously, this would be too ridiculous. Kidnapped from my kidnappers. Something about this Brian guy was odd though. I didn't exactly know what, but no one has ever intimidated me the way he just did. There was no way that I wanted to be kidnapped by him since I was sure that I would be screwed. S – c – r – e – w – e – d.
"She is our hostage and you are asking me why the heck I care? You know Brian, maybe not as good as I do, but he is a threat to every living being on this fricking planet and if he just threatened her then we need to be fucking careful! Walker doesn't play nice and if you want to end in prison or be killed then go ahead, Andrew. Yeah just don't give a single fuck to what happens to the only free pass you have, because if Haley is gone, kidnapped or not, then the police will be here sooner than you can fucking count to five", the British voice yelled, and I watched them having their own little stare-down until Kimberly pulled on my left arm, yanking me away from Jason. Wait! Did he just say that he knew Brian well? How interesting.
"Jason is right. What did Brian say? Whatever it was, you need to tell us. Your face went chalk-white for a few seconds before he left. Are you sure it was nothing?", she asked, raising one eyebrow, and I nodded quietly.
"Kim she won't tell us a word. Don't play nice. We don't really need her to survive. Whatever he said, I'm sure it was just some stupid flirty comment", Kathleen said, and I smirked slightly. She was still pissed. How cute.
"Kathleen is right", I lied, and she rolled her eyes annoyed.

"What the heck is wrong with you?", Damian's husky voice hollered through the air, stopping Andrew and Jason's stare-down and our little bitch fight while an uncomfortable silence slowly sneaked into the room, shutting everyone up entirely. Except for me.
"Where is Brian?"
"I'm here gorgeous", his rough voice spoke when he turned around the corner, giving me a victorious smirk.
"Can I talk to you for a second?", I asked loudly, and he nodded as astonishment flashed through his eyes. My free pass.
"What? No! Stop! What the fuck is going on?", Damian asked loudly, and everyone's eyes widened besides Brian's.
"Damian. You and I need to talk. Now!", Jason summoned, and he nodded confused before the two of them left the living-room before Brian grabbed my wrist and dragged me out of the room and upstairs into an empty room that I've never been in before.
"So?", he raised an eyebrow amused before I realized that he was still holding onto my wrist, his face showing that he wasn't keen on letting me go that easily.
"What did you mean with you're coming back for me?"
"Well exactly what I've said gorgeous. I got some nice offers for you, Haley", he explained, and I released a breath I didn't even know I was holding, and his hazel eyes met mine.
"Eh, Offers?" My brows knitted in confusion and the corners of his mouth twitches amused by my irritation.
"Eleven days honey", he muttered before the door swung open and two pairs of eyes were staring at us.
"What the hell are you doing here?", Damian asked angrily, and I sensed a tone of jealousy in his question which caused a smirk to sneak onto my face. Jason, on the other hand, looked, somehow, hurt by this situation, and I still haven't figured out yet what the deal between him and Brian was. Something was going on between the two of them and I wasn't smart enough to figure it out. Damnit.
"Get your filthy fingers from my girl Brian", Jason demanded and the smirk on my face widened immediately. How bossy – a turn on.
"She is all yours mate", Brian said, releasing my hand before Jason stood beside me, wrapping his arm protectively around my waist, and I observed Damian's pissed facial expression.
"Walker I want you to leave", Damian hissed, and Brian raised an eyebrow surprised by this hostility, but nevertheless, he decided to obey and walked out of the room after winking at me, and I gulped hardly. Eleven days?
"What the hell were you thinking, Haley? Did you even think? Are you insane? No, you must be nuts. Seriously why can't you listen for once", Damian growled, and I felt the grip of Jason's arm tightening around my waist.
"You never told me not to talk to him", my answer didn't please him before I saw him taking one step into my direction, but Jason pushed me protectively behind his back, blocking Damian's view. Someone was getting a little bit over-protective and possessive today, huh?