Q & A

1) Did you plan this from the beginning?

Yes, I did. Before writing the story, I started with the last chapter and based the story on the finale. With that said, I wanted to explain why I chose this ending. Believe me, I love happy endings, but I knew that I wanted this story to be a little different. There are so many books where the kidnapper and the girl fall for each other that I decided to end this story with something that, hopefully, not many of you expected.

2) So this isn't a love story?

It is, kind of, a love-story just without a real happy ending. There is a quote describing this love story perfectly; "Sometimes two people who like each other are not always meant to be together." I included those cute and romantic scenes (and steamy ones for the naughty readers of y'all) because I needed them to make the ending more dramatic. This whole story was like all those cliche stories because they apparently fell for each other (or not?). One of them deeper than the other one, but they were never supposed to be together.

3) Was Haley supposed to be a heartless bitch?

Well, that depends on how you define 'heartless' and how you define the word 'bitch'.  Yes, maybe she is heartless, and yes, maybe some of you would say that she is a bitch, but you have to consider what she has been through. She lost her sister because of these guys. She spent the last moment with her -not Damian, not Jason - no one else but her. I mean she has her reasons for acting the way she does, and if you decide to label her as a 'bitch', then yes, maybe she is one.

4) What about Damian?

Damian. That poor guy. The idea behind Damian's character was that he should be the leader who goes through different stages of feelings. I wanted him to be the player everyone expected him to be, and I wanted him to be the one fighting with his inner self the most. All those feelings, which he hid deep inside, were supposed to break through. And yes, I also wanted him to become this incredibly sweet and protective boy who fell in love with the girl. (Because I still love those bad-boys-falling-for-the-innocent-girls-thing.)

BUT I also wanted Damian to be the one who was going to break down completely. I thought it might be interesting to see the cocky player from the beginning becoming the victim of an evil plan without a chance of happiness anymore.

(HOLD ON A SECOND before you get your pitchforks and start yelling at me!)

5) WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!

First of all, this story is mine, and it ends the way I want it to. Second, I wanted something different, and I think that it's not the typical kidnap story everyone expects. The big plot twist was always supposed to be in the big finale, and I am happy that I stuck to the ending the way I planned it from the very beginning. 

6) Did Damian even love Stacy?

A very good question. You have to know that Damian has a leaking talent for using the wrong words to describe feelings. He really loved her even though he said some confusing stuff like Stacy being a fling or more like a sister because he eventually figured out that his feelings for Haley are deeper than the feelings he had for Stacy. This is why he believes that he didn't love Stacy just because he doesn't have enough experiences to realize that what he felt for Stacy was also love. 

7) Was it hard to write the book?

You have no idea. I started with the last chapter and I thought yeah maybe you can base a story on that, but it was so incredibly hard to write, especially in Haley's POV, without revealing the whole plan. It was difficult to write as if Haley was going through major inner conflicts because, surely, she had some inner conflicts, but I needed to trick all of you by writing as if those conflicts were a big deal whereas she has always been the badass character.

In fact, it was ineffably hard to write this book because 1. I am German and my English isn't perfect. So writing a story in another language isn't as easy as it seems, 2. Coming up with ideas and chapters which include every little piece of information needed for the finale was flipping frustrating. I'm not that satisfied with this story. There are a ton of pages and chapters that I find, somewhat, unsuitable and which need major editing for sure, 3. I wanted this story to be funny and full of those cliches which made it a little weird, to be quite honest, but I guess this weirdness and stupidity is what makes the story so funny.

8) Will there be a sequel?

Many of you asked me this question, so I guess you guys deserve an honest answer to that one: Maybe.

To be honest, I am thinking about writing a sequel A LOT! But I am not sure whether I would really have enough motivation and ideas to write a whole second book. I know that I have already included some characters which could become very interesting in a sequel (like Raynott and Stanley Weston). And yeah, I included them on purpose because I thought about writing a trilogy about the story of Haley and Damian, but I'm just not sure whether I have enough ideas to continue this story. The rough foundations for those two 'sequels' are already done. There are pages of ideas, but I can't promise you guys that those sequels will ever be released because I'm also not sure whether I want the story of Haley and Damian to continue or whether I am satisfied with this ending.

So thank you all for reading, commenting and voting for this story. That really means a lot since most of the pages and chapters are quite the mess. If I find enough time, I'll come back and edit this mess for sure! x 

So comment / vote / share it / love or hate it. (If you decide to hate it, keep it to yourself) :-)

(And if you have some spare time, please give me some feedback through comments or messages. Let me know what I can improve if I start to edit this story).