S i x

Chapter Six

Unbelievably brilliant.

(Kathleen on the side)

Three days passed. Three fucking days and I was still here. While sighing, I got out of bed and walked towards the window. Small snowflakes slowly started to cover the icy ground, and I shook my head before my eyes wandered to the window itself. Damian installed locks on both windows and I unintentionally smiled.
Today was the twenty-fifth of January which meant that I was in their captivity for five days straight. Five goddamn freaking days. Whenever Damian or Andrew entered the yellow room, I insulted them immediately until they decided to leave. Jason was the only one I allowed to keep me company since I refused to leave the room.
The both of us worked on my next escaping attempt which was scheduled for today. Several times, I've told him that he didn't have to do this because I was sure as hell that Damian and Andrew were going to kill him for helping me, but he insisted to help me because he wanted to do the right thing.
My guard was still up, my walls as strong as ever, but I had to admit that I kind of liked this British guy. We would never become friends for sure because I don't need any friends, to begin with, but at least, I wouldn't name him when I was going to report this shit to the police.

Our plan was simple and easy. Jason would secretly unlock the massive, black front door before he would try to distract everyone living in this house, keeping them away from the door so that I could sneak out. I've told him at least ten times that this sounded way too easy, but he told me that they wouldn't suspect anything and when they would ask why he left me alone, he would simply convince them that he was going to get some food for me.
There was nothing to lose, right? In case we wouldn't make it this time, there were going to be multiple other opportunities for me to escape. Sooner or later I will be out of here and then, they were going to beg me to spare them.
"Are you sure about this whole thing Jason?", my question visibly started to annoy him, but he nodded nonetheless.
"Haley. You'll make it out of here just give us some time before you go to the police. Time to flee", he demanded and this time I nodded.
"I won't report you."
"I won't leave them either", he explained, secretly telling me that he was going to be arrested too if they would find them.

"Don't do this Jason. Come with me", my advice caused his eyes to immediately grow bigger before he turned his head into my direction. His glance so intimidating and caring that I feared this would affect my walls. Why did I even suggest it anyways? "As lovely as this sounds Haley. I can't. They are my family", he said, and I shook my head in disbelief. He would sacrifice his freedom for them. The ones who dragged him into this whole mess.
"Well then. In case you change your mind. You'll know how to find me", I winked, and his heartwarming smile spread over his lightly red-colored lips. His green eyes piercing me.
"How am I supposed to find you? You are an evil genius who could disappear for good and no one could ever find you again", he spoke, and I took this as a well-received compliment.
"You're smart. I'm sure you'll figure something out", my response filled with a flirty tone on purpose.
"Until next time Haley", he said, and it sounded like a goodbye. Oh, Jesus. I hated goodbyes more than anything in the world.

Turning around, I made my way to my door, opening it slowly and gesturing him take our plan into action.
"Wait for the sign", he whispered softly before he gave me a quick peck on my left cheek and my eyes widened rapidly when I watched him walking towards the stairs. What was that for?

"Jason what a pleasure to see you. I had the strong feeling that you already moved in with her", Damian's husky voice spoke annoyed, and I rolled my eyes before I left the room and closed the door behind me. Hopefully, they were all downstairs.
"Funny Damian, but what are we going to do with her? And this time I want everyone's opinion for once. No offense Damian, but we're stuck with a hostage because of you and I think it's only fair that we all decide what we are going to do together", the British accent sharp like a knife, and I haven't thought that he could be so daunting. Attractive.
If you haven't figured it out yet: I had a small weakness for bad boys even though I also hated it when they were outrageously good-looking.
"Fine", Damian hissed, and then I heard several footsteps striking over the wooden floor.
"Yes, maybe we should all go into the kitchen so I can prepare some food for her too. She was starving", the British voice suggested, and I supposed this was my sign. He should've made it more obvious, but fine. Here we go.
Slowly and extremely quietly, I tiptoed downstairs, making my way to the front door before I secretly peeked into their direction. They were all assembled around the kitchen island, their backs facing me while Jason was the only one who was faced into my direction. A small smile decorated his lovely face and a weak, stinging feeling filled my chest. Guard up, Haley!
Quickly, I sneaked to the front door, opening the door as quiet as possible and when I was about to shut it as quietly behind me as I could have, the January cold wind decided to betray me which caused the door to shut extremely loudly. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Without wasting any more vital seconds, I ran through the front yard, ignoring the pain traveling through my ankle and body while hearing loud shouting from the inside of the house before I reached the wilderness once again, but this time I wouldn't stop. I would keep on running. Fortunately, I was the ranking sprinter of my entire school.
The cold wind whipped against my burning face, causing tears to slowly slip out of my eyes, but I immediately wiped them away. You can do this Haley. Keep on running. You know the way. You know which direction you came from.