E l e v e n

Chapter Eleven

Ringing bra.

Hours were passing. Hours in which nothing happened. It was still the fourteenth of February, and Brian and I were watching movies to kill some time. If you would've ever asked me weeks ago whether I could see myself being kidnapped and then, being taken away from my kidnappers and watching movies with my second kidnapper, I would've told you that you should try and visit a mental doctor because something in your little brain wasn't working correctly – so my apologies for that.
"Are you sure that they are coming to get you today? I mean it is Valentine's day", Brian asked while shoveling some popcorn into his mouth, and I smirked while shaking my head.
"I never said that they would come today, Brian, but because of the fact that it's Valentine's day, they will come to be extra cheesy", I answered, and he nodded.
"So, you're Jason's girlfriend?" He asked out of the blue.
"What? No!"
"But you said that you were", he recalled my words from the day we met each other for the first time, and a chuckle escaped my lips.
"I did. Just because Damian claimed that I was his girlfriend, but the truth is I'm not anybody's girlfriend and I don't attempt to become one", my answer seemed to amuse him, and I rolled my eyes annoyed.
"Well, I wanted to take you away from them just because I thought that you were my brother's girlfriend. I thought that you could help me with my arrangement than", he confessed, and I stared at him with wide eyes.
"I can still help but in exchange, tell me a little bit more about your relationship with Jason." His eyes grew wide doubtfully.
"Jason is my stepbrother."
"And why are you two ignoring each other?"
"Well, this is a very long story", he started, but I interrupted him by telling him that I had plenty of time and nothing else to do. He nodded.
"So, my mother and Jason's father decided to reunite two families and be in love, you know all this romantic stuff and hearts and flowers that they were talking about. At first, Jason and I had something like a brother's bond and we got along fine with each other until Damian showed up and took him away from home. Jason was still living with us because well, he was only sixteen at the time, but he wasn't the same old Jason that I knew. He never showed up to dinner or to family celebrations like birthdays and stuff. It broke my mother's heart because she tried so damn hard to connect with him, but he shut all of us out, even his own father, just because he told us that Damian and his friends were his new family now. Ironic isn't it? So, I decided to talk to him like an older brother should do and then, he told me that he found out about my gang life and that he couldn't talk to me anymore because he was in Damian's gang and that our gangs had some issues. That was a punch in my face though. Four years, it had been nearly four freaking years since our brother's bond or whatever we shared was destroyed because Damian told him some bullshit about me and my guys. Jason was too stubborn to talk to me because he thought that I was the reason why Damian went through major problems and Stacy was shot, but I wasn't. They didn't even know that I was on their side the whole time. They didn't know that I played against and betrayed the most dangerous gang in this area just because of Jason. Because I wanted to keep him safe. Yes, our gangs had issues, but they were about small shitty crap you could've easily talked about. I was willing to form an alliance and talk to them about everything which was bothering them before all went down. I changed during the last few years and I don't want a fucking bond anymore, but I want to clean my hands because there is no blood on them", he explained, and my forefinger rubbed over my lower lip. Interesting. This was very interesting.
"Why did you show up that night when you aren't interested in any alliances anymore?"
"We share the same enemy", he answered, and I nodded. The same enemy? So, I guessed that Raynott was a name.
"So, Raynott is responsible that shit went down, and that Stacy was shot? That is just what I am taking out of your little story."
"Yes, but the less you know about him, the better for you Haley. I won't drag you into something that is way too dangerous for you to handle", he spoke quietly, and I smiled evilly. Why was everyone thinking that I couldn't handle the bad guys?
"Fair enough."