S i x t e e n

* TRIGGER-WARNING: Cautious reading with regard to the fictional aspect of this chapter is advised!*

Chapter Sixteen

What have you done baby girl?

"Haley! Oh my god! What did you do? Haley!", Jason's worried voice asked me loudly, and I shrugged. His green eyes filled with concern and disappointment as they slowly started to tear up.

Deep red blood drops ran down my left arm as multiple scratches and deep cuts made themselves noticeable. Cuts that were supposed to scar and remind me of how miserable I was feeling from time to time. It wasn't a habit of mine, but an act that I was occasionally considering since it made me physically feel the pain that I was going through mentally. And lately, I could see and feel my walls crumbling. Falling apart even though I had carefully built them in order to protect me from feeling miserable again.
On top of that, this was maybe my only chance. The chance to leave for good. Hurting myself in order to get into the hospital could help me to escape. There was no other way to let them allow me to leave the house. At least this was what I told myself in order to feel better. There was no other way out of here before it was too late. This whole family-thing that they had going was slowly destroying me. Every second I spent with them erased the new me and I couldn't allow this to happen. Even if it meant to hurt myself in order to hurt themselves even more.

Yeah, that's right. This plan was stupid – even insane -, but I needed to go, and this was the only idea crossing my mind because the moment they would need to leave me at the hospital to rest, would be it. My chance.

"What is going on in here- oh shit! Haley what have you done, baby girl?", Damian asked when he opened the door. His voice sounded even more worried than Jason's if this was even possible. His ocean-blue eyes trailed down from my face to my left arm, following the trace of blood which was running down from my underarm to my wrist until the drops collided with the ground. His shocked eyes locked with mine for a second before I turned my head to my left.
Fear, disappointment, and anger in his expression.
"Hal-belle... No. Please no. No. No. No. Why did you do that? Why?", he whined as he ran towards me, wrapping his arms around my slim frame. His heart beating alarmingly fast. Did he really care for me as Haley or was he actually concerned because I looked like her? Was I her replacement? He said himself that he kidnapped me because I reminded him of her, but I didn't want to be a spare. Not hers.
His heartbeat quickened with every second which passed. The smell of blood gradually filled the air, and I exhaled deeply. What a welcoming pain in my arm and what wonderful joy at the same time since he seemed so worried.
"I can't", I whispered, my voice low and weak as I observed the blood drops hitting the white carpet as the fuzziness fought to gain the upper hand.

I've always been a good actress and an even better liar.

Don't forget that they fucking kidnapped me. Kidnapped me for the idiotic reason of resembling his deceased lover. This was what he deserved. Damian Silver destroyed my life, and I was sure as hell that I would destroy his. Even if that meant to make him go through more pain that I could ever feel.
"We need to get her to the hospital!", Damian yelled and with that Jason stormed out of the room, shouting words I couldn't quite catch. Two strong arms wrapped around my waist when he tried to get me onto my feet, but I felt so weak – so tired. Of course, I didn't cut too deep for any lasting injuries. These cuts might not even scar for all I know, and for the first time in forever, I felt like this plan was the dumbest of them all, nevertheless, it would be worth it. It had to be.
"Oh baby girl, everything is going to be fine. I promise. I promise", his voice thin and broken. His fingertips trembling while he held me against his chest, nuzzling my hair.