T w e n t y - F o u r

Chapter Twenty-Four

End game.

- Damian's POV -

"Haley?", I ripped her out of those deep thoughts that she was sunken in lately. It was as if she was right here with me and far away in her own little world. She was still thinking about what I said. Those three words that she couldn't return yet.
It bothered me. Not because she couldn't say them, but rather because she had me completely wrapped around her fingers. There was nothing that I wouldn't do for her.
"Huh?"
"Are you okay?", I asked and immediately regretted my decision to let her accompany us, but that was for her protection. It was the only way she could be safe. What could've happened if I would've locked her up into my house? Maybe a certain someone, called Brian, would've broken into the house and would've kidnapped her again. She would've been kidnapped from her kidnappers for the second time. A small smirk played around my lips.
"Yeah. Perfectly fine. I'm finally where I secretly wanted to be the whole time, Damian", she said and intertwined our fingers.
"I know that you're thinking about my confession and Haley, I promise that I will make everything up to you. Everything that I put you through. I love you. And I will prove this to you every single day until I die", I confessed and searched for her breathtaking copper-blue eyes. Something dashed through them, but I couldn't catch what. Guilt? Love?
She shook her head from one side to the other as if she wanted to suppress her thoughts. Oh, what was going on in the pretty head of hers?
"You shouldn't promise things that you can't keep, Damian", she mumbled and loosened her hold of my left hand by pulling back softly.
"What do you mean? About me proving it to you? I will keep this promise, Haley. I swear", I replied, and she shook her head ever so disappointed.
"That's not what I meant", she muttered before I lost the touch of her small hand as she entered the abandoned factory hall. The place where we would finally face Brian and his group. They figured out that we broke into their house, rummaging through his stuff. Brian suggested to meet up in order to negotiate about what was going to happen next and how we could redeem ourselves. Fuck that. I didn't want to.

When I lost touch of her hand, mine was so cold that it felt like I just lost her for eternity. What was she talking about?    

- Haley's POV -

When we faced Brian with his gang, it was obvious that they didn't simply want to talk. This wasn't about finding a peaceful solution as Brian suggested, and we weren't dumb enough to believe him.
This meeting was about the confidential information which Damian and the rest of the gang had tried to steal. Of course, they didn't find the file when we broke into Brian's house three weeks ago, but he was pissed. Extremely pissed about the fact that we even went this far.
We were prepared for almost every single surprise which he might have in store for us, but still, his real intentions shocked every single one of us. His own gang members included.

He was here because of me.

"You will never lay a hand on her, Brian. Not when she is under my watch", Damian hissed angrily before the first fist collided with his face after Brian stared at me with an unreadable expression on his face. His movements quick and fast, almost impossible to dodge. Damian, however, managed to move just as quick, dodging Brian's attempts at the perfect time.
Within seconds, the fight between these two leaders spread all over the abandoned factory hall, taking place directly in front of my eyes. Brian's guys were fighting against Damian's. Jason faced a giant dude who was taller by almost three heads, but he quickly compensated the height difference with speed.
Grunts, moans, and the sound of broken bones drown the previously tensed silence. Bruises were already forming on their faces when I watched Brian and Damian fighting against each other intensively; aiming for punches as blood streamed down both of their faces.