S e v e n t e e n

Chapter Seventeen

Stop fighting me!

- DAMIAN'S POV -

Seeing her in that room with needles in her arms shocked me. This protectiveness of mine was something completely new. I didn't want to see her get hurt, especially not seeing her hurting herself. Did I really cause all this? Was she that unhappy? How could I ever compensate for what I have done? I knew that I should let her go. Particularly after what just happened, but I couldn't. She reminded me of her so damn much that I didn't want to let her go. Haley changed me. Haley brought me back and how could I ever let go of the light in my own darkness?

The moment when I entered her hospital room after changing my clothes, I found her bed completely empty. Where was she? Where the actual hell was she?! Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit!
The sudden vibration of my cell phone caught me in the act of running out of the room as I looked around. She couldn't have run off, right? She was so weak in my arms. So fragile. No, she couldn't have wandered off without anyone else. Wait. Wasn't my phone on the desk beside her bed when I left the room? How did it end up laying on her bed? 

"Tell Jason to come over for some lovely tea in two days or you will never see those blue eyes with the apple-green center ever again!" 

A message from Brian. A MESSAGE FROM BRIAN! Did he kidnap Haley again? That bastard. I would make sure to kill him. Erase him for good.

When I opened the conversation between Brian and I, I noticed that there was another message that I have never seen before, but somehow it has already been opened: "This isn't over yet Damian. I'll come and destroy you little piece of shit and everyone in your little gang. No hospital can stop me now!" Did she- did Haley read it? My hands clenched into fists until my knuckles turned chalk-white. Did he caught her in the act of reading the message and kidnapped her or did she decided to deal with this situation on her own? But why would she? She clearly didn't care about me or about anyone else of my gang. Why would she go and search for him? It must have been him who managed to find her and took her within those 30 minutes that I was gone.

"I'll come and destroy you and everyone in your little gang."

Could it be that? No! But what if? Could it be that she tried to save us again? She saved us before when there was no way that we could have ended the conversation between Stanley and me without having another fight. Did she agree to go with him? If she would have screamed, someone would have gotten to her. This was a damn hospital. She went with him voluntarily and even though she always pretended to be cold and heartless, she seemed to care about us.
"Goddamnit, Haley! Why would you do that? Why do you always put yourself in dangerous situations?", I hissed under my breath. I hated it when she did put herself in these situations. Was she testing whether I would rescue her or not? OF COURSE, I WOULD ALWAYS RESCUE HER! This stubborn girl was testing my last pieces of patience. Why exactly was it that even though she drove me nuts that I was so fascinated by her? Too fascinated for my own liking.

We had a bet. We agreed to play each other, but, somehow, I knew that I had already lost the bet. Lost because I couldn't afford to ever let her go.
"I like her", I whispered. I screwed up, didn't I? Why did I tell her that I needed her? It must have been the sentence she told to me that caused me to lose all rationality: "You're forgiven for being Damian."
Stacy always forgave me for being me. Every single time. She did whatever I asked her to because she forgave me even if I screwed up. Did I expect the same thing from Haley? Was I automatically comparing her to Stacy?
"Haley Parker why did you do it?", my voice filled with anger. Why did she hurt herself? God, I was so angry with her. Angry and worried. It didn't seem like she was suffering while being a hostage, quite the contrary, she seemed to be having fun playing her game. Maybe she was good at hiding her real feelings. Maybe she was broken. Broken like I was, and I didn't see her signs.
"Haley, you stupid fool!", I growled before I grabbed my black jacket which was hanging over the white wooden-stool that I was sitting on since she was taken to this special hospital.