Chapter 29

𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐤𝐢 𝐭𝐮𝐦 𝐥𝐨𝐠 𝐛𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐛𝐡𝐢 𝐠𝐚𝐲𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐠𝐞 𝐤𝐢 𝐦𝐚𝐢 𝐳𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐚 𝐡𝐮.. 𝐋𝐞𝐤𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐞 𝐞𝐤 𝐞𝐱𝐭𝐫𝐚 𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐞𝐥𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐤𝐞 𝐧𝐚𝐚𝐦 𝐩𝐞 -

(I havent re read it, chala lena)

Recap - aalim has to leave for mission ghar waapsi now.

It was the next morning, both of them were at the airport, bidding each other their last byes. The previous night was the harshest it had been for both aalim  and gulnaaz. But gulnaaz steps up and decides to bid a good bye to her husband as a strong woman she was.

Gk - (hugs him tightly) I am so so proud of you aalim, aap jaisa mujhe jannat me bhi kahin nahi milega. I love you and once again I am so proud of you, yahan meri fikr na kijiyega, aur hamesha apne mulk ko mujhse upar samajhne ka guilt mat rakhiyega. I love you. I'll miss you but I'll be much more proud of you than missing you.

Aalim (breaks the hug) - I love you too, aur hamesha yaad rakhna, you were, are and will be the only love of my life till my last breath and beyond.

Gulnaaz - (smiles and nods with tears in her eyes) same goes here aalim, main aapko hamesha yaad rakhungi and chitthiyan bhejungi.. Chahe reply aaye ya na aaye...

(Both of them had decided to never remarry even after coming back to india to honor their significant others)
(Pure love ❤)

Aalim (gives her a forehead kiss) - jaane ka wakt aa gaya hai naaz.. Ham dobara zarur milenge, chahe vo ye qayant (earth) ho ya jannat (heaven).. Kya farak padta hai.

Gk (nods) . She then puts up a big smile on her face and salutes aalim.

Gk - so Army analyst head, Mr. Aalim ali..  May you have a successful mission ahead and make our country proud.

This gesture of hers healed his heart but also shattered it. This was so overwhelming for both of them but aalim then salutes back to her.
And then after cherishing a last hug, aalim left...

Gk was completely shattered and started having a breakdown, but she picked herself up and ran to the car. She cried for hours and hours over there. Even just sitting in the car brought back so many memories of long drives, their first kiss and many more.

Gulnaaz's pov

Vo chala gaya.. At the end.. Vo chala hi gaya.. Shayad itna dard mujhe 3rd degree ke 3rd way ke time pe bhi feel nahi hua hoga.. Par aakhir kar, mujhe bhi kuch time baad use chhod ke jaana hi padta, uss situation ko mai face nahi kar paati so ye ho gaya.. Ab mujhe uske bina jeena hoga.. Hamesha.. I love you aalim... I miss you..

Pov ends.

On the other hand, aalim had arrived in POK and he uses the map that was provided to him to go to village arja.
If you remember correctly, abhi swapped the names arja with mirpur to confuse everyone.. So ultimately he has reached the village of mirpur where the indian army wearing the uniform of pal army was supposed to pick him up.

Abhi - hmm, yahin kahin mujhe mere watan ke log milenge, after such a long time.. Mai ghar jaa raha hu.. Mere ghar.. Halaki naaz ke bina mera sab kuch adhoora hai, mujhe bhale hi bas tum apni yaadon me milo, lekin tumhaare liye, main apni yaadon me bui jeene ko taiyar hu.

As he was thinking this, he saw a bunch of pak army men walking around a mini helicopter or chopper.

Abhi (clears throat) - aap logon ko pehla nahi dekha kabhi..

One of those army man - par hamne aapko zarur dekha hai bhai,
"Apni shaan, apne mulk par ham mar mit jaayenge,
Chaliye sang hamare janab, aapki ghar waapsi karayenge"