Chapter 20

!! TW- swear1ng !!
Last chapter. Enjoy :)
Listen to 'Pluto Projector' by Rex Orange County while reading for the best experience.

-

A few weeks had passed, and Louis was on his way to Harry's house to pick him up for their third date. Today was the day he would ask Harry to be his boyfriend. Officially.

He'd phoned Zayn and Taylor the day before, to check if his plan was good, and he slightly regretted it as they hadn't stopped with the teasing and motivational spam messages for the last twelve hours.

Eventually, Louis pulled up to Harry's house, walked up the driveway and knocked on the door.

Harry's mum answered the door and she smiled softly at Louis.

'Oh, hello Louis darling, come in. Harry's upstairs I'll let him know you're here,' she said kindly. He'd only met her a few times, but she seemed like a really sweet lady, and she seemed to like Louis so that was a win in itself.

Louis followed her into the house and sat down in the living room. 

'Tea?' she asked, and before he could decline, Gemma had already handed him a steaming mug of tea. He thanked her and sipped on the hot drink.

After a few minutes, Harry came down the stairs and entered the living room. Louis placed his now empty mug on a coaster and went over to greet Harry.

Louis almost jumped into Harry's arms, hugging him tightly around the waist, resting one hand in his hair.

'Hey Haz,' he smiled, kissing him on the cheek.

'Hey Lou,' Harry replied. He looked really warm, and Louis hated himself for letting go, but he knew he had to.

'Shall we?' Harry asked.

'Yep, got a jacket?' Harry nodded and quickly ran over to give his mum and sister a hug. Louis watched as Gemma whispered something in Harry's ear. Harry went red and ran back to Louis, guiding them out the door.

Anne and Gemma smiled and waved goodbye to the pair.

'What was that about?' Louis asked, raising an eyebrow.

'Oh nothing,' Harry laughed awkwardly.

-

'Harry?' Louis asked. 

This was the moment. He was going to ask him. They'd arrived a few hours ago and Louis still hadn't had the courage to ask him until now. They had been sitting together in a comfortable silence for about ten minutes, or at least it seemed comfortable, but Louis had been having a strong debate in his head for the last five. Which was pretty hard considering both sides of him wanted to ask Harry to be his boyfriend, they were just arguing about what to say and what Harry could say.

'Yeah?'

'I've only known you for a couple of months, but somehow in that time you've become my best friend,' he started, then instantly paused and realised what he'd said.

'Hold on I'm not friend-zoning you, I swear there's more,'  he rushed out but was instantly calmed by Harry's laughter.

'So yeah anyway, I just wanted to say you're the most amazing and beautiful person I've ever met, and I really fucking like you Harry. And I don't know if the third date is too soon or too late or what but I wanted to ask you this now because I don't want to leave it too long,' he stopped and took a nervous breath, looking down when he felt Harry's warm hand holding his.

'Harry, will you be my boyfriend?' he asked.

Harry smiled, and Louis watched as his dimples appeared on his cheeks. 

'I would love to be your boyfriend Lou.'

Louis wrapped his arm around Harry's neck, pulled him in and kissed him. It was a delicate but meaningful kiss. The last few months had been an emotional rollercoaster, but now all of that was over, and it was official. The kiss remained innocent and slow the whole time, both knowing it wasn't the time for anything more.

Moments passed and Harry didn't break the contact as he gradually moved his hands down to Louis's wrists and lifted one slightly. He kissed Louis softly and carefully pulled the tight rubber band off of his wrist, and slid it onto his own. Louis slowly pulled away, and looked at Harry, slightly confused.

Harry lifted up the wrist lined with faint bruising and redness from where Louis had flicked it and kissed it gently. Louis closed his eyes and pressed his forehead against his boyfriends. 'Please talk to me Lou, don't do this,' he whispered, gesturing to the wounded hand.

'Alright,' Louis's voice quivered slightly. He didn't know Harry had noticed, but he was okay with it. Harry lifted up his hand and wiped a few stray tears away that had fallen from Louis's eyes.

'Oh, and Harry,' Louis whispered, pulling away from him.

'Yeah?'

'I think there's a really teeny tiny chance that I might be a bit gay Haz.'

'Oh my god Louis.'

-------------

A/N THE ENDDDDD?!?!?!?

Hope you guys have enjoyed this story as much as I have when writing this.

DW THERE'S AN EPILOGUE PLS STAY FOR THAT 🙏🙏

also yay closure :)
And I'm TOTALLY not writing this, chapter 18 and the epilogue all in one night and writing chapter 19 in the future xx. 

If that sentence didn't make sense don't worry cos it's not gonna affect your reading at all it's just when I'm writing it 

tpwk 💚💙✨