Chapter 14

Tw- S1urs, v!olence, $a1m0n C0wba11s.

Louis looked in the mirror and surely enough, there it was. A black eye. By now, they were running really late so Louis quickly finished his breakfast and hurried his sisters into the car.

He finished telling Lottie what happened after he dropped off the twins. He had offered to cover up his cuts and black eye but he declined. They didn't have time anyway.

-

Now came his next problem.

Louis hadn't heard from Harry since the night before. He didn't answer his texts, and he disappeared from the party. His first thought was to shut down the party and drive to Harry's house to see if he got home okay. As he told Liam his plan, he just looked at him like he was criminally insane. 

'Louis you really think you can walk into his house, looking like that,' he gestured to the bleeding wounds on his face. 'And ask his parents if their son is home safe? They'll think you're in a gang or something, not to mention you've been drinking.' 

In the end, Liam sent Ed to Harry's to make sure he was okay. Louis stayed up for hours waiting for a text from Ed to confirm Harry was okay. He eventually got one at around 3:15am.

-

'Oi gay boy!' Some yelled from somewhere behind, on instinct, he turned to see what was going on. Only then he realised, they were talking to him.

'The fuck do you want?' He spat. He examined the guy and recognised him as one of the guys from the party last night. He couldn't help but smirk, seeing what he'd done to the guy.

'Is something funny to you?' The guy said. His ego was probably thriving after he saw Louis' black eye.

'No sir,' Louis mocked. He was pushing his luck and he knew it, but he couldn't resist. This guy couldn't just walk around yelling slurs at people and expect to get off scot free. 

'You watch your tone dickhead, or I'll give you another black eye,' the guy huffed. 

'I think I'll take my chances,' Louis smirked. 

After that remark, the guy started advancing on him, and Louis prepared to throw some more punches.

'Why are you so worked up anyways? All we did was show your little gay friend that he's a disgusting little f-'

And they never found out how that sentence ended, as Louis cut him off with a solid punch in the jaw.

The guy quickly regained his stance, and looked like he was going to kill Louis. The worst part? Louis knew this guy was fully capable of doing so.

Louis was about to swing another punch when it was caught by someone. Louis looked over, expecting to see one of the guys, but was shocked to see it was Harry.

Now Harry was the one who looked mad. Fuck.

'Louis what the fuck are you doing?' He definitely didn't look happy.

'And what happened to your eye? And cheek? Jesus Louis what did you do?' Louis stayed silent. The other guys watched in entertainment at what was happening.

Louis opened his mouth to say something but was cut off by a booming voice.

'What the hell is going on here boys?' The principal yelled angrily. To be honest, he did not look angry at Louis, he looked like he'd just been interrupted from his leek soup because he was told there was a fight going on.

It was at this moment that Louis finally took it the crowd that had gathered around the group, watching eagerly. 'Sorry, Mr Cowell,' Louis muttered. 

'Tomlinson, Smith, my office. Now!' He yelled.

'And bold of you to think 'sorry' is going to cut it Tomlinson.'

Now, Harry looked evenly worried, confused and still angry.

Louis quietly followed the principle, with the other guy on his tail. Technically on his shoes, as the guy stepped on the back of Louis' shoes.'Oh real mature dickhead,' Louis whispered turning around to glare at him.

'You two. Sit down and shut up. Now.' The room was deadly silent, aside from the scraping of the chairs as they sat down in unison.

'Explain yourselves. Now'

-

In no world was Louis going to get out of that situation easily. So he wasn't surprised when the other guy started to blame it all on Louis.

After about an hour of back and fourth, Mr Cowell settled on a punishment for the both of them. Smith, would receive detention for the rest of the week. Louis on the other hand, would receive a 2 day suspension.

Their punishments would've been so much worse on another day, but it was the last week of the school year so the punishments were severely downsized.

Unfortunately, Louis would still have to attend school on Friday, the last day of school. He tried to look on the bright side however, that he'd get to say bye to people who were going away for the holidays and such.

-

Mr Cowell had decided to make their punishments effective from the next day, so after going to the nurse, Louis had to return to class. So there he was, awkwardly walking into English in the middle of the class.

The class went deadly silent as he entered. He mumbled an apology to the teacher and passed them a note with an explanation of his absence. He slowly trudged over to his usual seat and watched Harry's relaxed face turn to one of concern, yet again.

'So? What happened?' He asked.

'Suspended for Wednesday, Thursday,' Louis replied quietly, pulling out his laptop.

'Well maybe for some context, explain what the hell happened before that? And why that happened.'

Louis sighed and started explaining. 'Last night, after you disappeared, I got in a fight with that guy. Then again just then.' 

Louis went on and explained all of the details, leaving a mildly horrified Harry with many questions. that he promised to answer later.

————————

A/n 🫢🫢

Ngl guys this chapter, the last one and the next one, were kind of all meant to be one chapter but I'm on a roll for the first time in 2 months and I'm making this longer. Sadly now I have to change like every other chapter after this now.

Not really complaining lmao this works out great for me