six

27.7.23

i walk up to his door.

sounds of a girls laughter reach my ears, but it's probably just the television.

"I'll grab it," I hear him say from inside.

who was over?

The door unlocks, and what seemed to be a smile on his face drops almost instantly.

"Oh, Chloe, I thought you weren't coming over," he stammers.

"Who's there?" I press, my voice edged with suspicion.

"No one," he suspiciously replies.

"Don't lie to me, Jude. I heard a voice," my frustration rises.

"T-there's no one here," he stutters nervously.

I feel a surge of anger, and without thinking, I kick the door he's holding open, revealing a girl sitting on his sofa.

The realisation hits me like a wave. My heart races and my palms clench into fists as a mix of disbelief and fury runs over me. I raise my hand and slap him across the face.

"You know you're a dickhead, right?" I yell, my voice filled with rage. "The minute I get back with you, you cheat? Are you a dumbass, Jude? Are you actually slow in the head?"

"No, Chloe- it's not what it looks like," he tries to explain

"Save me from this. You're a fucking cunt, Jude. I knew you never changed," I say, rolling my eyes before kicking him in the balls.

I slam his door shut and storm off, and walk, comprehending my pain

i can't believe i trusted him again after what he did the first time

.

i walk into a nearby forest and sit down on a bench as the sun sets, and only silhouettes of the trees are left under the moonlight

a hooded man sits next to me

"you good?" the man says in an accented spanish

"do i look any good" i say in my spanish that barely worked

"where you from, you have an accent" 

"i'm english"

"i'm Portuguese" he smiles

"how wonderful"

"you never told me why you're so sad"

"got cheated on"

"oh, same, except its the fourth time it's happened"

"okay so why haven't you left her, are you crazy?"

"she's a bit obsessive, she never leaves me alone till we get back together" he sighs "what about you?"

"childhood best friend situation, he moved to Germany when we were kids and never told me, then saw him here again somehow, turns out he moved here, and i missed him and we dated, now i've just knocked on his door and he's got another girl in" i rant "these footballers man"

"footballer, makes sense"

"and how would you know?"

"i am one, was like Jude once upon a time"

"wait you know Jude?"

"no, it just made sense, you're english, moved to Germany and now in Spain, adds up"

"and who are you then?"

"Joao, Joao Felix, and you?"

"Chloe" i smile "so you're the wonderkid"

"at one point i was" he smiles "you know much about football?"

"not anymore, used to be obsessed when i was younger, Jude got me into it, then he left and i couldn't look at a football no more, was going to try and learn it again when we got back together, but now i don't think that's happening"

"i have an idea" Joao smirks

...

short but i want to leave it on a cliffhanger :)))