seven

"I have an idea," Joao proposes.

"What?" I ask, intrigued.

"You fake date me," he says with a sly grin.

I snort. "And why the fuck would I do that?"

Joao explains, "I get rid of Magui, and you get to make Jude jealous. It's a win-win situation."

I smirk and find myself smiling at the thought. "Well, I do want to give him a taste of his own medicine."

"Are you in?" Joao asks, waiting for my response.

"Sure, why not," I say, matching his smirk. The idea seems crazy, but at the same time, it holds a certain appeal. Anything to make Jude realize what he's lost. 

.

"How was Jude's?" Mia asks me.

"He cheated" I roll my eyes, but deep inside it hurts

"And you're in one piece? The fuck?"

"I made a plan with some other footballer to fake date him and make Jude jealous," I explain.

"What the absolute fuck," Mia exclaims, clearly shocked.

"So, I was walking in a forest, and some guy sat on a bench next to me. Turns out his girlfriend cheated on him again, so we agreed to fake date for a bit to show the girl that he's over her."

"What the hell, who is it?"

"Only Joao Felix," I reply, smirking

"Girl, what? I don't watch football, but even I know who that is. Everyone at uni drools over him."

"Good, I need Jude to be jealous."

"Are you planning to get back with him or something? Or why do you want revenge so bad?"

"The fuck, no. I hate him. I just want to see one thing go wrong for him. He's always had the perfect life, and he thinks he can ruin mine again. He deserves it," I say, my frustration evident.

Mia sends me a look and mutters a confused "okay?" as she processes the bizarre plan.

.

Jude

Chloe

it's not what it looks like

i beg u let me explain bro

i'm so fucking sorry

*you blocked this user*

.

24.8.23

INSTAGRAM

chloe.harr1s

jude's pov

jude's pov

chloe.harr1s

chloe wtf

whos this

omfg

i said im fucking sorry

chloe bro

who is he

*these messages cannot be sent*

.

"JUDE," I hear Vini call my name.

I turn and force a smile. "I'm perfectly fine. Why do you keep asking?"

"Is it the girl, Chloe?" Vini presses.

"No," I lie. "Why would it be her?" I roll my eyes, attempting to dismiss his concerns.

"Don't lie, Jude. Something's up with you two. You haven't said anything about her in a while."

"Fine, if you really want to know," I relent "there's this girl I who was literaly just my physio back when i was at Dortmund, Jessica. She just showed up at my house. She's crazy obsessive, and Chloe came over and saw me with her. she's gotten the wrong idea. She hasn't spoken to me since. Then yesterday, she posted a story with another guy."

"Fuck, Jude, you should have said something," Vini responds, regret in his voice.

"Why? What are you going to do? Don't say anything to her," I insist.

"Well, I don't know if you've heard, but I may or may not be dating this English girl called Mia. She keeps mentioning a best friend named Chloe. I have a feeling that's your Chloe," Vini reveals.

"Oh, great," I sigh, feeling the knots in my stomach tighten.

"You know Mia?"

"Chloe's best friend. Even when we were together for those two weeks, she hated me so much. She really doesn't like me one bit after what i did the first time."

"Can I get a word in?" Vini asks.

"No, Vini, there's no point. She's with another guy."

"Well, if you ever need me to say anything, just call me," he offers as i get into my car

...