eight

9.9.23

mia's pov

"What team do you play for again?" I yawn, snuggling into the warmth of the sofa.

"Real Madrid. I really need to bring you to watch a game, actually," Vini replies, a hint of excitement in his voice.

"Nah, don't see any fun in watching some sweaty men kick a ball for 2 hours."

"Not even for your boyfriend?" he says with a playful smirk.

"Hmm, okay, maybe just for you," I say, succumbing to his persistence.

Vini was kind, nice, and caring. When I found out he was a footballer, I was worried—I'd seen what happened to my best friend. 

But Vini was different. 

He felt for me, was humble, and though he made a good living, he acted like any normal guy, always showing good manners.

"You want to come to our game tomorrow? It's a big one, and I'll score one or two for you."

"I mean, only if you score," I say, offering a smile in return.

.

chloe's pov

"hi Joao," I sigh, picking up the boy's call.

"You sound a bit off," he noticed.

"Eh, nah, I'm just tired."

"Oh, anyways, I was thinking, since we play Real Madrid tomorrow, I put a little mention on my story, just to rile him up."

"Wouldn't that mess with his game tomorrow?" I voice my concern.

"He's been off form lately, hasn't been playing well, can't do that much harm. Besides, I thought you hated him," Joao shrugs.

"Well... yeah, but you know, I don't want to ruin his whole life or anything."

"What are you saying then?"

"Okay," I reluctantly agreed.

I was beginning to feel bad. I still missed him.

"No... I can't miss Jude. He cheated. Waited all that time for me, then when I finally forgave him, he goes and cheats. I can't forgive that."

.

10.10.23

jude's pov

la madridistas

vini

guys is jude okay?

edu

yeah @jude

you good bro?

fede

bro where is he gone

rudi

bro i feel bad bad for the kid

chuchu

i just saw

ouch

jude

guys go away

im fine

brahim

nah bro

i'll beat him up for u today

jude

go away fgs

jude left

kepa

guys what's going on?

vini

swear ur always clueless bro

kepa

you going to explain or not?

vini

fine

uno chloe Jude's ex

kepa

the one who ur dating her best friend

vini

unrelated but yes

anyways

she's with joao felix

kepa

oh shiiiiiiitttt

fede

i know

kepa

i beg you someone kill him tonight

vini

i think jude will prolly do it himself

kepa

good

.

jude's pov

Anger ran through me as I stared at the story. Pretty much everyone sent it to me as soon as it came out. I was already sad enough about losing her a second time. But then her dating my exact rival—well, that's just rubbing salt in the wound. 

My hopes were all gone. It was only now settling in that I had lost her for real. 

I couldn't comprehend it. Let's just pray I don't do anything stupid on the pitch tonight.

Walking out of the tunnel at the Bernabeu used to make my heart shiver, but all I felt now was the pain of her face, her voice, telling me she'd come to watch me play when I went professional. She cared more about my dreams than her own. Heck, she was going to drop one of the biggest opportunities she could ever get and leave her best friend for a whole year, all for me. 

And I ruined it. 

I left. 

I was a fool and lost both my chances. I don't think I'll ever get a third.

As the Spanish anthem plays, I stare into the stands and spot a face—Mia.

She gives me the dirtiest look ever and proceeds to look away at her boyfriend and wave. Vini, who is standing next to me, sends a smile and a little wave back.

As I move to my position on the pitch, I make eye contact with him

He knew. 

We all knew he knew. 

But all I knew was that he could never treat Chloe better than I could. 

He'll never know her as well as I do.

i may have left, but I never forgot her. I never got over her. 

If she could ever stop being so stubborn and let me explain.

Jessica forced her way into my house. I never wanted anything to do with her, but what made it worse was that I had asked Chloe earlier if she wanted to come over, and she said no. It looked so much worse than it really was. 

But here I am, on the pitch of the Bernabeu, playing against Barcelona in El Clasico

Meant to be living my dream. 

Yet, everyone knows my real dream is her

...