thirteen

I can't escape the feeling that he's everywhere.

No matter where I turn, he's there, on the beach, at the bar, even on the terrace outside my room. It's unsettling.

I try my best to focus on my book, attempting to lose myself in the fictional world and forget about the reality of this idiotic encounter. 

The story is interesting, but my mind keeps drifting back to the real-life drama that's playing out in this supposedly relaxing vacation.

Eventually, the sun starts to fall deeper into the horizon, painting the sky in a magnificent shade of colours

It's a breathtaking sight..

I try to appreciate the moment

a beautiful sunset, the soothing sound of the ocean, the softness of the sand beneath my feet.

for once, he isn't in my head.

.

I head back to the room, and decide to go for a short swim in the pool

As I approach the pool, I notice that it's relatively quiet, the perfect opportunity for some undisturbed time to forget it all. 

I slip into the water, feeling the refreshing coolness rinse the sand from the beach off me.

I start to swim, each stroke helping me release the stress and frustration that had built up throughout the day.

As I glide through the water, the familiar sound of the waves from the nearby beach provides a soothing soundtrack. 

The moon starts to rise, casting a gentle glow over the pool. It's a beautiful sight, and for a moment, I let myself to forget the earlier encounter with Jude.

I find a sense of peace. 

The events of the day begin to fade into the background, and I focus on the present, on the way the water feels against my skin and the way the moonlight dances on its surface. This is the escape I came here for.

.

7.7.18

"Come on, Chloe, you've got this!" Mia shouts, egging us on.

Jude grins, his competitive spirit lighting up, i always saw it whenever i tried to 1v1 him on the pitch, even though he was always going to win, he took everything so seriously

"You are not winning this, Chloe!" he laughs

"We'll see about that one Jude"

We position ourselves at the edge of the pool, ready for the race. The cheers and laughter of our friends coming from the side of the pool fueling the atmosphere

"Ready?" Mia yells.

"Set!"

"Go!" comes the collective shout.

And were off. The sound of water splashing, the encouraging cheers, and the rush of adrenaline

it's a madness.

Jude is fast, no doubt about it. But i'm not far behind him either, the thought of being able to brag about it forever helping me push through

The pool seemed to stretch infinitely as we race towards the other end, the water a blur around us.

As we reach the finish, our hands touch the edge at pretty much the same moment. The cheers erupt, a chorus of celebrations and applause for both of us.

...