-Train-

(Has no one wanted to warn me in my two other Hunger Games fics that I've been writing Haymitch as Heymitch instead of Haymitch? Oh, and the fan Wiki says Enobaria has light brown skin, so I might say tan, so don't get pissy; I'm just saying.)

Bera stood alone in the little room, knowing very well that no one would come to see her off; she didn't understand why this was needed.

The inevitable is already here anyway.

She looked up at the door opening.

"Look at that, come to say good riddance?" She snarkyly asked of Valerius. He finally had his wish; she'd be out of his hai--.  

She had crossed her arms and almost sported a smile when she spotted him, but all that was washed away by the man's heavily tear-stained face and the pain in his eyes.

A tight grab on each shoulder snapped her out of her staring and pulled right into his face.

"Don't trust anyone; you'll need to kill each other at the end anyway. You can find a spear; you know how to use it. Don't eat what you don't know; humans can survive weeks without eating."

She put her hands on his chest and pushed herself away, escaping the start of a hug.

"Stop!" She took a deep breath, taking a step back. "Just... Stop... What the fuck? Are you drunk, you bastard?"

"Just don't die, Bera." He said, looking weaker than ever, like the sky was broken across his back, like he needed to lay his life down instead. "Give it yours all, crush all those before you."

"You are so weird." And she hated this; it was so unnatural to have him crying over her; she could barely bear it, making her sick. She turned away.

"Remember you have 2's blood in your veins, you are a career through blood, you can do this." And with that, he exited the room.

It felt like Bera could finally breathe, trying to understand why this was all going on, but she didn't have long before other peacekeepers came and walked her to the train that would bring her to her destiny.

------------------------------------------

Bera sat silently with James but for different reasons: she had nothing to say and he was rethinking his last moments.

The table was set with dishes more magnificent then the next one and yet all looked disgusting to her, feeling like she'll never be able to eat and it annoyed her, even angered her.

"We'll help you as much as we can I promise." Cecelia's reassuring voice came to them gently, only working on James, Bera herself needed help with understanding Valerius not that she was on the ledge of death.

"You better help him, I can get through this alone." She still said, they had watched the video made about the reapings, only 1,2 and 4 worried her since those are the careers and the last years they had won, one from 2, Enobaria, two from 1, Gloss and Cashmere, one from 4, Finnick... That clearly shows their proficiency. "Because I need no ones help in this game of life and death, I never did."

"Bera dear please." She tried to calm to slightly worked up girl but she got a glare, even so she smiled at her reassuringly, seemingly only adding to her tributes displeasure for some reason.

She stood, shoving the gentle hand the woman put on her knee as she walked off, feeling awkward. She is not used to people caring about her.

Bera survived alone, grew up alone, fought and was hated... And now Valerius cries, Cecelia tries to be nice and James looks at her expecting to be allies. What's wrong with this world?

She marched down the wagon, barely avoiding V but still getting glitter on herself before slamming the door to her given room.

When she was sure the door was locked, she let herself fall on the bed, it was way more soft then what she was used too and the texture of the textile, high quality.

She hugged the pillow, observing the stitching of it as she thought about the impending death but she was not going in this at a complete loss.

She knew things, she learnt things... She just hopes she will remember them when needed, having seen street fights and how someone dumbed down moments into the fight when the their opponent did something unexpected.

This time, she can't be the one freezing, her life will depend on it.

Valerius is from 2, her mother is his daughter, she was born in 8, grew in 8 and learnt in 8... Lets just hope that blood from 2 will blaze alive and drive her to victory.

Victory.

She needs to win, she can't die like this.

It would feel wrong to die and not only because she'd be dead, it almost feels like the abuse would not have been worth it. Like her fight to survive until now hadn't been worth it.

"Lets just hope this will not be one of those forested arenas." She grumbled, looking at the ceiling now, knowing she'd be at a serious disadvantage if that was her arena.

She could just hope and believe.

But it doesn't matter, they can throw what they want at her and where they want, Bera will win.

She must win.

She won't leave herself the choice.

--------------------------------

The train started to shake slightly, Bera feeling the brakes in it.

She took a deep breath, here she goes, the games have started.

She is almost... Excited.