Wingwoman

...

The calmness of such an event was still surprising.

What was even more surprising was that they invited her actually.

She'd suspect discontent or to be relayed to the background after all of this and the lack of use she was turning out to be.

Tho it seemed that Snow was trying to keep her observed, she was sure she was getting dragged around because of that damned man.

Here she was boredly watching the mingling of Capitol creatures down below, like ants bustling around, all while leaning on the top of a baluster turned handrail as the stairs stopped and created this observation floor.

As odd as it was, because of her personality it was the top districts that struck up the conversation with her first, that peacock Finnick, the snappy Enobaria or even the resplendent Cashmere. Sure the lower talked to her but her personality was a bit too abrasive to most.

Cashmere... She looked in her element fully, not a surprise really, navigating this really well, having experience in it. She also looked really pretty in her dress.

"Whacha looking at~?"

"Fuck!"

With a hand swung back, Smack!!

"That was not nice."

This mentor, Bera, had popped up out of nowhere, leaning on the railing with her elbows and head in her hands, being right next to her, if she moved over she would even be touching her, and Johanna had just backhanded her in the face in surprise.

"What are you doing here?!"

"I was invited you idiot." Bera said, dusting off her dark green outfit even if there was no need for that, switching it up this year, the exact copy of Snow's suit having been committed to memory and having remade it green and to fit her with green roses on her eyepatch. People would think it is flattery if they were intelligent enough to notice, which they aren't, and Snow would take this as an insult.

"No I meant here, since when are you here?"

"It took you a while to notice, but I gotta admit, the career women look nice don't they?"

Johanna made a face and Bera almost laughed, caught red handed staring ey? 

"Ah, how lovely. The brash lower district girls falling for the deadly careers, such a good love story." She looped her arm around Johanna's shoulder. "The possibility."

She let herself be shoved off, stepping down a step to not fall down the stair right in her back.

"You are worse then Snow I swear."

"My forte." Bera put a hand on her heart with a grin. "How else could I get off on making him mad otherwise?"

"Disgusting..."

Bera burst out laughing as she stepped up and off the stair again.

"You need to learn to take a joke." She poked her finger roughly in Johanna's cheek, pushing her head back and making her walk backward. "I told you I can cover things but girly I have limits here."

She did despise Johanna on the inside, just how similar they were was repulsing to her, she regretted to the core having helped her win her games... But it was for this reason she felt the need to protect her in some way even if it was covering for her like she'd do anyway, she had even given her her number and it ended up with a pep talk to someone, still unable to tell if she spoke to herself or Johanna.

But she was correct, she has her limits, Johanna causing... That... As a form of revenge was still talked about even with all that she tried to do. Her influence is big but not unlimited, which is a displeasing fact to think about.

"Who fucking taught you to set fire to the peacekeepers' barracks in the middle of the night Julie?!" Bera shoved her a bit, only enough for her to take a step away. "On second thought, don't answer that." She dragged her hand down her face with a heavy sigh, the tesserae incident of 8... 

"Will you call me my name on of these days."

"One of these days." Which was not reassuring for Johanna and her temper. "Anyhow, come, I'll introduce you."

"What wh--wooho." She caught herself, almost falling down the stairs as Bera grabbed her wrist and she was still not used to these fucking high heels. "Hey stop!"

"You are ogling from your spot, talk to her."

"I already did."

"Great, then it will be easier for you."

"Bera!"

"Trust me Jeff."

"I'd trust Snow's words before yours!"

"Well he twists and tells half truths but they are truths, technically he never lied, my whole life is a parade of lies so yeah, technically he is more trust worthy."

"That's not what I meant and you know it!"

"Don't be a bit--Ooooh hey Cashmere."

"What are you doing manhandling people Bera?"

Bera just rolled her eyes with a smile before shoving Johanna at the career and hightailing it out of there with a satisfied laugh.

Oh how proud she was of herself, the best wingwoman she ever seen if she do says so herself... And she does, she says so.

(and of the person that requested this pairing, this is for you... I don't remember if I ever told you and if I did, well I am repeating myself but thank one of my followers because this was a book request not an idea I came up with. A person wanted to see some Enobaria stuff and we ended up with a low-key psycho woman with brain trauma that has a vice grip on Panem that Snow wants dead faster then Lucy Grey could say Mockingjay)