71st

Like last year, Bera couldn't care as much for her tributes as she had Jess, she simply didn't have it in her but that didn't stop her from instructing them how to act and how to show off.

"--and you'll show them that they are all below you, that you are THE shit, the newest trend to follow." She said while fixing the final touches on their outfits.

This year the male tribute having more flowy outfits, longer shirt, bows in many placed, all light green and dark green shades while the female one had more square, sharp looks, short precise cuts of form fitting, both being blue eyed blonds was also perfect.

Until.

The door slammed open leaving them all confused along with the girl that slammed the door open.

"What are you doing in my room?!" She yelled even if it looked like she regretted such an outburst.

Bera stood straight, being hunched to look the boy in stomach level while she finished stitching.

"7's tribute." She recognized her, the only tribute to have thrown a tantrum on her reaping, having been dragged to the stage in messy sobs, now she gets is why she looked so angry at herself, she just blew her cover, that was all an act. "This is 8's room, learn to read."

"Wha--" It was clearly a big 8 on the door, the girl blushing and Bera would think smoke would have come out of her ears if Blight hadn't come to the rescue.

"Hold your tributes on leashes, they bite." Bera grinned at the embarrassed mentor who laughed forcefully at the not so joke.

"Right right, sorry about that, she's a bit on edge." He then fulled up with more of a scared hiss, being intimidated by Bera. "Apologize Johanna, no!"

"No need." She waved off. "Now shoo... I have things to finish here."

"Right right, of course."

----------------------------------------

Since she took over designing for 8, Bera was not up with the other mentors but down with the stylists for the last finishing touches on the tributes outfits.

Needles and thread in her mouth, fabrics hanging on her arms and scissors stabbed through her bun that was now a messy and surprisingly not cut into with the violence she stabbed her tools into it.

She finally backed off, taking the stuff out of her mouth.

"She's at it again." She heard the whispers of other stylists and she almost snapped at them but they weren't looking at and judging her.

And damn she needed to agree.

7 looked like shit since the new artist took over, always making plant inspired outfits, last year it even came undone and fell off the tributes halfway through the interview.

And the discomfort was visible on the previously angry girl.

Her male partner had an almost normal looking suit with a bark pattern and fake bark glued on his face, some leaves glued to his sleeves and branches sewn into the pant legs but the girl, did they want her to be ridiculed.

It looked like moss was in her hair and part of the top of her dress that was a corset that was made of wood, that could have looked good if it was not for the same branches as the boy being tied to it, looking horrible, all with also pant legs that turned large at the bottom... It looked like this tribute kept up her comedy but it caused the stylist to neglect her.

Every single tribute looked correct to the style of their own stylist, sure 4 was almost always dressed in nets and sure 12 was almost always completely naked but both tributes had the same amount of care.

She almost smiled if it was not for the hate she always felt for the stylists.

And lets say that 7's female tribute got dragged off her feet while her stylist was yelling at the mentor that had grabbed her by the upper arm while demanding the male to follow.

-----------------------------------------------

Snow.

He is lucky he had real teeth because if it would have been dentures they would have snapped at the strength he was gritting his teeth with.

Bera was already trouble enough helping another district win, but this was a whole other level of 'fuck you' to dress up another district's tributes. So that's why the parade wasn't starting on time.

7 was not meant to look like that.

The boy still had the suit he liked but the bark makeup and branches were gone, the suit was now open to also reveal a wooden corset tho it didn't look Capitol made, it holding together with black and blue cloth weaving through the top and bottom, the sleeves of the suit has been cut and sewn to elbow length with the fake bark covering his arms like gloves.

And the girl he wanted to punish for having made a scene at the reaping had only kept the Capitol provided wood corset from her original outfit. There was what looked like a crown of leaves on her head with a dark green scarf around her neck before the fabric twisted down and over in a diagonal, covering the corset partially before turning into a flowy dress under it, the fake bark being up her arms too.

------------------------------------------

Bera grinned, leaning against the walls as she watched the parade from the ground level, snapping her scissors once in a while to occupy her hand.

Oh she did grin.

Knowing just how mad Snow was getting up on his podium while he could do nothing to stop this from happening.

She doesn't care who that phone woman was, Bera was already planning on making his have an aneurysm before the 75th.