Podium

(Okay so this is a filler chapter but it is worth the read... I think? Wanna know what I wrote this chapter? This is the 74th chapter of this book and I couldn't hold myself back, writing the start of the 75th for the 75th chapter lol)

"Don't be scared." She said with a smile as Woof needed to be grabbed to be walked to his own area to get ready.

Bare couldn't tell what arena they might have just yet, being lead to her 'loading spot' by peacekeepers, it was underground after all.

The walls old grey and mossy so it must be an arena built a while back but not used, Bera did suspect early she'd be back in an arena in some way, maybe Snow built this around that time? All she could deduce that she wouldn't be as lucky as she was last time, this would not be a ruined city serving as her arena, it would be something she was not familiar with at all.

She was ushered into a room that closed behind her.

"Such a way to treat a lady." She mocked to the empty room outside of the one bench with an outfit on it, a few hair ties and a mirror.

She grabbed it before sighing and getting to undressing.

She pulled the black and dark grey outfit with white highlights and put on her own boots once again, seeing no footwear was provided, tying it tight.

She grabbed the three hairties and used the three of them in her pony tail to be sure they'd hold in place despite what might happen in the arena and in case it would be of use.

A hand on her hip, she looked into the full body mirror, brushing the few strands still hanging three behind her ear.

The outfit felt breathable and tight to the body... What were they already? It was something they exported to district 4 from 8... Dry suit? Wet suit? One of them she was sure.

"So there will be water..." She muttered.

Out of all districts, only 4 knew how to swim and those district on the coast of Panem and those were 1, 3, 4, 7, 11 and 12. (Still using the old map I have used in my other fics) And even then it was not their jobs so it wouldn't be outright taught like for the district of fishing.

Bera had a lovely man as her grandfather so she at least knew how to float... Which is saying something... Let's just hope that will help her, she saw water arena's she could remember how people moved through water, she remembers how Annie did it... Let's hope that's enough.

She sighed, tension rising.

Seeing the doors open once again with peacekeepers coming in, ushering her to the glass tube the closed around her.

The ground shook and it soon rose, locking her in complete darkness as it moved up and up towards her fate.

Light and heat blinded, she needed a moment for her eye to adjust to its surrounding.

"Tropical." She had learnt of this in school and if this was not tropical then she was the president of Panem.

The podiums were in the middle of water, with stone walkways every two of them, the cornucopia seemingly only containing weapons if she squinted to see. The salt smell and the heat was already heavy and the jungle around the edges thick.

She looked back at the water, ignoring the count down.

She remembers how Annie dove into the water to avoid someone running after her, she remembered, hands above her head in a point and body straight... It should work to get her close to the stone path if she jumps far enough.

With a deep breath and a hand down her face, looking up at the count down.

Five seconds until her life changes once again.