Begrudging

(fun fact: the song I linked up there... It has been on look since 9-10am?... It is 9-10pm my dudes... Buuuuuut who's ready, we are soon to see the 75th but I need at least two chapters before it, one which will be this one that will be a bit longer to add all needed into it and the other I need to use the fact that i discovered district 8 got bombed twice and the first time was the fake proposal of Peeta because they were really rebellious already.)

"So that's why you are here?"

"Pretty much."

Valerius never expected to actually see Bera win this fight, he never expected to see her with the victor of 2, unlike the victor, he never believed Bera was serious about this relationship and was just doing this to get something she wants on the moment and throw her away after it.

But no, Bera was currently passed out on the cough, legs bent up but body twisted to be front down, arms crossed under her head, that little arm cushion on 2's lap as she slept.

Enobaria had never brought it up despite clearly seeing it, that's why she stood on the side with the eye patch, so it was easier for Bera to hide, but the victor of 8 had exhausted herself by crying.

She didn't care for Valerius' heart attack in seeing her, she was not here for him.

"Oh yeah, you." She said, curling her finger in a 'come here' gesture, making him lean down as if she'd tell him something in a whisper but threw a cracking punch into his face.

He tumbled back and fell over the coffee table but Bera didn't stir despite the crashing noise, truly exhausted. 

"That's for what you did. I by far don't know enough to have the right to do this but I know enough to know you deserve it." Coming from 2, from the Academy, how could she not know.

"I know." He pinched his nose to not bleed everywhere. "And I'll spend my whole life atoning for my choices but I'll do them again as long as it means she comes home."

-----------------------------------

Her eyes stung and she couldn't see... HAD SHE GONE BLI--Oh... It is her hair, never mind, crisis averted.

Bera sighed... But her eye did hurt from this damned crying and despite having her eye destroyed, the tear ducts were still quite happily working away so the salt, tho little, still made the skin itchy and uncomfortable under the eye patch, plus she usually took it off sleeping.

Getting up carefully, acutely aware of her current position, tho smiling a bit.

Tiptoeing to the bathroom and turning on the painfully bright light.

She unclipped the eye patch, despite it being leather and liking to retain water, she still passed it under the faucet to clean it up before washing her face.

Looking at her own face made her frown, part of the scar was visible even with the eye patch but seeing it fully was never something she like.

It made her feel sick, disgusted with herself, she didn't care for the other scars but this one... Oh this one was something she always needed to look at or hide and she couldn't look at it even after so much time... Wait, actually sick, it was like vertigo and her limbs felt weak.

She almost forcefully tumbled back to have a wall behind her back and not fall more tho it made more noise then she wished, sinking down.

"Shit." She knew this could cause her brain to wave and hit its funny bone on the side of her skull and just shut down but she still hated it. "Shit, shit, shit."