Chapter 8- Spending Quality Time

A/N: This is a long-ass chapter. It's mostly fluff with a little bit of angst sprinkled in. ________________________________________________________

Harry and Hermione had finished all their homework for Monday and were contemplating what to do next.

They didn't want to be around Ron, but they had no idea who to spend time with or what to do.

"Harry, do you want to join the Quidditch Team this year?" Hermione questioned.

"I don't know. A part of me wants to join, but I also want an uneventful year." Harry replied honestly. It would be alright to join the team, but with Harry's mental health and other factors, he doesn't know whether or not he wants to join.

"Harry, the Quidditch Trials for Gryffindor are next week. If you want to join, you should prepare yourself.

"We don't have anything better to do. So, I suppose we could go to the pitch to practise. What do you think?" Harry asked her.

"Sure. At least we won't be bored to death." Hermione replied, finally able to engage in something fun other than studying.

Harry got changed into his Quidditch robe, and they went to the Quidditch Pitch to practise for the upcoming trials.

Hermione was sitting on the bleachers while Harry was on the pitch.

Harry felt a rush of adrenaline when he saw the snitch. He dived for it but missed the snitch by a millimetre. He almost got hit on the head by a bludger but narrowly missed it. After about seven minutes of looking around hopelessly to locate the snitch, Harry felt a buzz in his ears, and when he turned around, he saw the snitch glowing golden in glory. He shot his Firebolt upward, and with a quick snatch, he got the long-awaited golden snitch in his palm.

Harry was sweating profusely. He quickly got changed and met up with Hermione in the bleachers.

"Harry, that was awesome!" Hermione shouted in glee.

"Haha. I know it was. Except for the fact that I nearly got smacked in the head by a bludger but yeah." Harry told her, exhausted.

"The game's over, so what should we do now?" Hermione questioned.

"If you approve of this idea, we could hang out with the Slytherins," Harry asked Hermione, not knowing whether Hermione liked the idea.

"Oh yeah!" Hermione told him, entirely on board with the idea.

"Okay! So, where will we find them?" Harry asked her, hoping that she knew the answer.

"It's 12:37 p.m. now. So maybe the three should be inside the castle dorms. Now, we wouldn't be allowed in the Slytherin dorms, so maybe we could send a letter to them through one of our owls?" Hermione told him.

"That's a brilliant idea 'Mione! Perhaps I'll send an owl to Malfoy." Harry replied, totally on board with the idea.

"Okay, so let's go!" Hermione said pretty happily.

The two friends set off to their dorm room, where they would send a letter to their newfound and unusual friend group.

About halfway through the castle, they met the people they would send a letter to. The five of them waved at each other and discussed what they should do. Blaise asked if they should go to the courtyard to play some exploding snap and wizard's chess, and to his pleasant surprise, everyone agreed.

They went outside. Hermione was merrily chatting with Pansy, and Blaise, Harry and Draco were deeply discussing the effects of dragon blood.

They reached the lavish and large courtyard. There was a beautiful fountain in the middle of the yard, with a striking mermaid statue in the middle of the water fountain. The mermaid on top of the fountain held a small clay pot from where the water cascaded. Long hedges lined the walls, with beautiful Azaleas and Blackthorns growing on them. On the edge of a bricked pathway were some charming mahogany benches shaded by the long line of Maple, Oak and Apple trees. The path led to a small grassy area where people could sit.