Chapter 16- The Run-In

A/N: This will be the last chapter for a while. My Term exams are beginning in Late Feb and ending mid-March. So I apologise for the late upload. Also, I did notice an inconsistency error earlier, considering that Harry had already told everyone he was bi. Just make it so that Ron forgets Harry's bi.

Follow my Instagram for sneak peeks, release dates, upcoming stories and more!

lxna_writes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry stood in a dimly lit room with mirrors surrounding him. Sirius, Remus, Snape, Dumbledore Fred, and his parents stood around him. They stared at him with a scrutinizing gaze as though his entire being was a disgrace.

"You are a disappointment," Sirius said, his shadowy figure approaching Harry.

"We're dead because of you," Snape snarled as he stepped forward, his black cloak flowing.

"You don't deserve to live," Fred spat, his face empty and devoid of any smiles.

"Voldemort should have killed you," Dumbledore muttered as the stars on his dress glittered.

"You should've died," James and Lily said in unison.

Remus finally walked towards Harry and said, "We should've been alive instead." He pointed his wand at Harry and bellowed, "Avada Kedavra."

The spell missed him by a millimetre as he fell to the floor.

The figures turned into a cloud of black, thick smoke as they got sucked into the mirrors.

As the last figure, Snape, floated into the mirror, a deep, raspy voice echoed, "Die."

Harry shot up from his bed, screaming. Thankfully, he had a silencing charm, or else he would have woken everyone up. He took in deep, shaky breaths, tears streaming from his face.

"Guess it's time for a little stroll," Harry mumbled. After he had calmed himself down, he grabbed his invisibility cloak and walked out of the Gryffindor room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry had decided some fresh air would be beneficial for him to recollect his mental state.

Not even five minutes went by when he bumped into Draco Lucius Malfoy.

"Oh, shit! Sorry-" Harry said as he almost fell onto the grass.

Draco caught him by the waist just before he fell.

"You okay?" Draco asked, concern flooding his perfectly sculpted features.

Harry was admiring Draco's face until he snapped out of it. "Yeah. Yes, I'm fine," Harry said as he stuttered.

"You sure? You're fumbling over your words quite a bit," Draco smiled.

"Mhm!" Harry gave a nervous laugh. Why in hell did he seem to have butterflies in his stomach?

"What are you doing here?" Draco questioned Harry as the two sat down on the grass.

"I had a nightmare," Harry stated quietly.

Draco formed an 'o' shape with his mouth as he stared at Harry's emerald-green eyes, and Draco's brows furrowed.

"What about you?" Harry asked, an eyebrow raised.

"Can't sleep," Draco said as he shrugged his shoulders.

Harry got up and started walking back into the castle.

Draco's eyes followed Harry as he questioned, "Where are you going?"