Chapter 10- Reconciliation

Harry was talking to Hermione in the library. Ron was sitting quietly beside them, minding his own business. Occasionally, he asked Hermione a question, but he kept to himself more.

After about fifteen minutes, Draco, Pansy and Blaise entered the library. Harry greeted them and called them to their table. They would have a study session for a theoretical test that Miss Gracia, the Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher, would take in the upcoming week. She would also take a practical test, which they would take permission from Professor McGonagall and practise in an empty classroom.

Ron felt very awkward sitting with the people he had insulted just a few days ago. Though everyone had more or less forgiven him, he was embarrassed. Who wouldn't be? Ron thought to himself.

Harry and Hermione began explaining different defensive spells to their friends. Pansy was outright confused. She may have participated in the battle, but she sure as hell didn't realise the amount of charms that people had to use to make it out alive.

Blaise was nodding his head. If he didn't understand something, he would ask Hermione. Draco, on the other hand, understood everything.

Whenever he wasn't in Hogwarts, Lucius and Mother would teach him new spells. However, when their second year came around, Lucius buried himself in work and business to the point Draco barely got to see him. After the shit Lucius pulled during the battle, Draco didn't have the heart to call him 'father'. Draco was pretty glad when they found him guilty of being on the Dark Lord- Voldemort's side. He was also elated that Harry helped prove his and his mother's innocence during their trial.

All of the houses had to take the tests. And since the six of them were friends now, it would be nice to have a study session together.

It was already 8:00 p.m. by the time they finished their theoretical review. They all went to the Great Hall for dinner. They were all chatting and giggling on their way to the Great Hall. Ron was silently walking beside them, lost in his thoughts.

Ron was mad at himself after the fight. He told the issue to Ginny, who became furious at him. Ginny then distanced himself from Ron. Not only did he lose his best friends, his sister was mad at him as well. Ron tried to keep quiet for as long as possible, but without his best friends, he fell deeper into a rabbit hole. He constantly thought about Fred. Hermione had broken up with him so recently, and god, it hurt like hell. He kept going through existential dread.

They split up when they reached the hall. Harry approached Professor McGonagall and asked her permission to use an empty classroom for their practical test. She smiled and permitted him to use one.

After dinner, the six of them met up. McGonagall led them to an empty classroom near the Astrology tower.

They were going to practise a variety of spells. Harry paired up his friends with one another. 

Harry paired up with Draco (because why not? They probably are in love with each other), Hermione with Pansy, and Ron with Blaise.

"First, the Patronus Charm. Corporeal Patronuses will be difficult to conjure. So we'll begin with a Non-Corporeal Patronus," Harry said.

"Some of us know how to conjure a Corporeal Patronus," Ron said, hoping Harry would listen.

"How?! Sure, Lupin taught us in our third year, but he never taught us a Corporeal one!" Blaise asked in astonishment.

"Uhm... You remember how Marietta Edgecombe outed us to Umbridge?" Harry said, snarling at the name of his Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher, who did nothing but abuse him.

"Yes," Draco replied, pretty embarrassed. He was one of the Slytherins on Umbridge's team. And god, he despised that woman. He merely acted proud because of his 'friends' who were in that bitch's team.