001- Accidental fall

Muna

As my feet sprinted on the treadmill deck, racing at the pace of my heartbeat, I wondered why anyone would choose to do this four to five times each week. This was torture. Working out was torture, and even though it was the only thing keeping me sane at the moment, it still felt like hell each time.

I was drenched in sweat, and gosh! I hated sweating. From time to time, I puffed air out of my mouth trying to catch up with my breath. This was crazy. People in here sounded like animals. They were groaning and grunting, dropping heavy weights on the floor like they were fighting demons.

I hated working out so damn much, but it was good for my mental health. Weird right? Or maybe not weird. I did work out from time to time though, but never by four in the morning. This was my first time, just like it was my first time visiting the gym more than two times a week. It was actually my fifth time this week.

And in case you're wondering why I was turning into a gym fanatic. Here it is; A month ago, I walked into my boyfriend of barely a year, butt naked on the bed with my best friend. I couldn't believe my eyes. It felt like a dream... a nightmare rather. At first, I was shocked, then livid at both of them, but my stupid ex-boyfriend and bestfriend weren't even sorry. I couldn't handle all of that since it was my first ever heartbreak, and weeks later, I packed up my things and moved to a new city, away from them.

You can call me a Coward, I wouldn't mind but my heart wasn't able to bear the pain and facing them, having to see them around broke me, so I chose to run away, I ran very far away.

It had already been two weeks since I moved here, where I had no family or friends. All I had here in Manhattan, New York was my life which kind of sucked, and over three million YouTube subscribers, a million Instagram followers and hundreds of thousands of TikTok followers. It was safe to say that I had people online, who cheered me on and were ready to eat up anything I put out there. But then, after all of that, I always crawled back to my lonely life.

Beep! Beep!! Beep!!! Beep!!!!

My finger pressed the treadmill speed-up button, and my sprints quickly heightened, matching the surge of my heartbeat. I was drowning in my thoughts and before I knew it, it became a little difficult to control my sprints. I was running out of breath and my shaky finger could not locate the speed decline button. Before I knew it, I lost my balance and was roughly tossed out of the treadmill, shoving something on my way down and finally falling on it.

And just like that, I landed on the public gym floor of my apartment building, but suddenly something moved beneath me.

"Shit!" I groaned.

"Fuck!" That raspy voice was sure not mine. "Fuck!" The voice groaned again, and I realized what I was lying on.

I was lying on a human body, a man's body at that.

The feeling of embarrassment washed over me, and my heartbeat raced in shame. I glanced around the gym, and the look I got from the two other people close by was not pleasant at all. It was nothing close to the 'sorry about that' look that would be given to someone, who had fallen and was hurting. This was the same look I got the day my clumsy self tripped and fell on the sidewalk. It was safe to say that many people in this city were not nice at all, at least not to me.

Quickly, I shot my face up, looking at the man, who had a massive scowl on his face, staring down at me and probably wondering why I was still lying on his lower frame. I pulled my weight off his body, but the sharp pain that sliced through my hip bone had me sitting on the floor. I needed a minute. A minute to recover from the pain, a minute to once again remind myself how much of a joke I was.