023- Telling him

Muna

"Did you make him leave?" Julia asked Andrew who sauntered towards us, looking really mad.

Andrew had forced Carl to leave and Julia had been seated beside me, making sure I was okay. But I wasn't okay. I was scared. Carl had found me and it felt like I wasn't safe anymore.

I couldn't shake off the smirk he had on his face while he spoke to me. It felt like he had won, and I couldn't figure out who might have given him information about me. It felt like there was something strange going on in my life.

"Yeah," Andrew nodded. "The motherfucker is gone, thankfully, there was a taxi waiting out there." He took a seat across from me, "Did he hurt you, princess?" He asked, placing two fingers under my chin and tilting my face up to his.

I shook my head, "No."

"But I still think we should call the police."

"No... no."

"I also think tha-"

Briefly, I shut my eyes closed, "Please, Julia."

"Okay," Julia raised her hands in surrender.

"Who the fuck is he though? One of your crazy fans?" Andrew asked.

"My ex," I said, my gaze falling on Nicklaus, who was coming out with a glass of water.

There was a sudden loud silence in here and everyone's eyes, which were on me were filled with surprise.

Nicklaus halted beside me and placed the glass of water on the table, in front of me. "Take some," he said and I did just that.

"You mean the same guy that cheated on you?" Andrew asked, surprise coating his tone and I nodded, dropping the glass of water on the table.

"The same guy who fucked your best friend?" Julia added for confirmation.

I sighed, "Yes."

"Wait, what?"

"Fuck me!"Andrew exhaled. "How in the hell did he find you?" Andrew's brows furrowed at me.

I glanced at Nicklaus who was standing beside us, with his hands in his pockets and his intense gaze on me. The look on his face was evident he was still mad at maybe me or Carl. That, I didn't know.

I dropped my gaze back to the table, "I don't know," I shrugged. "I don't know, I- I just, he walked in here and said the person that gave them information about me was right."

"What? And who would that be?" Julia asked.

I tilted my face to her, "I don't know and he didn't say."

"What the fuck? This is crazy. This means you're not safe, princess. Do you think someone is stalking you?" He asked and Julia shot me a knowing look, but I decided to stay silent. "Are you sure you don't wanna go to the police?" Andrew continued to ask, not waiting for a reply to his first question.

Sniffling, I shook my head "No."

I might not have told anyone this, including my best friend Maya but a year after we moved to the States. I remembered my mom coming back home from her then job, looking like she had been crying all day. After she had gone to her bedroom, I decided to go ask if she was okay but upon getting to the door, I overheard her talking to someone on the phone and decided to eavesdrop.

It happened that something really bad happened to her at work, something she never told me. And she had reported to the police. But instead of them helping her, they flipped the table against her and blamed her. One of the cops went to the extent of reminding her she was an immigrant, and threatened to throw her back to where she was from. She ended up quitting the job since she couldn't continue working there, and with the help of a friend of hers, she found a new one.