003- In the elevator

Muna

"Evening, Gia." I halted across from Georgia, leaning against the desk while my eyes darted around the lobby.

"It seems like someone had a great day today, huh." She said and I settled my gaze back on her, smiling. She mirrored my smile, inflicting lines at the corner of her eyes.

Gia was one of the nicest people I had met since moving here, and she had helped me with lots of things including the best places to eat. She was older than I was, looking to be in her forties, but she insisted we be on a first-name basis, saying we were friends now. Her dark straight hair was always in a tight bun and her face always held a friendly smile.

"You can say that, Gia." I shrugged, watching her reach for something.

"That's great sweetheart and here is a package for you." She placed a little box on the desk in front of me, and I slightly furrowed my brows staring at it.

"What is that?" I asked, confused because all my orders had arrived, and I was not expecting anything.

"I wouldn't know sweetheart but they sure are for you." She placed her hands on the desk, watching me, while I continued to stare confusingly at the package.

"Okay," I stifled the tired yawn that followed and glanced at her, "Goodnight, Gia."

I grabbed the box and was about to walk to the elevator when Gia stopped me. "Wait," I paused and turned to her. "Somebody asked about you."

"And who is that?"

"Mr Gray the sexy lawyer living on the floor above yours," she grinned, throwing me a wink after she mentioned sexy.

Who the hell is Mr Gray?

I chuckled, "I don't know anyone by that name-"

Gia pointed her face to the elevator and my gaze followed, sighting the elevator door that was about to close. The urge to run towards it pulled my legs off the ground.

"He just-"

"Gia, we will talk about that tomorrow, okay." I threw over my shoulder, with my legs darting towards the elevator. "Good night," I yelled.

Right on time before the elevator door closed, I pulled my body between the doors, almost tripping to the floor and the doors slid back open. A satisfactory smile spread across my face as I stood straight composing myself, and straightening out my dress. I raised my smiling face to the other figure in the elevator, and upon seeing who it was, the smile on my instantly disappeared.

The event from the coffee shop flooded my mind and I quickly lowered my gaze, inwardly feeling a little embarrassed. How did I manage to run into him three times just in one day?

As if the smirk on his face wasn't enough, it grew into a cocky smile and I couldn't help but roll my eyes to the back of my head. His manly woody scent which already filled the elevator whisked its way into my nostrils, intoxicating my mind and silently I exhaled, hoping to get rid of it.

"Are you coming in or..." he paused when I rolled my eyes at him.

Ignoring him, I made my way to the other side of the elevator and pressed the 20th-floor button. Neither did I want to be in the same space with him nor would I leave the elevator for him. All we needed to do was travel to our various floors in silence.

From the corner of my eyes, I could see his now ruffled hair and the smile on his face fading away. He was still in his clothing from earlier, with tiredness written all over his face. He stared at the elevator wall like he was lost in thought, but nothing about his state right now made him less handsome than he was.