020- From nowhere

Muna

The more I tried to stop my tears, the more they filled my eyes. The more I tried to calm myself, the heavier my heart felt. Anger had taken over me, replacing all the good feelings with a bitter taste of betrayal.

I thought there was something real between us, and I thought he felt it too. The feelings that immersed me whenever we spent time together, and each time our bodies were in contact with one another. Including the emotions that filled us when we kissed in the elevator.

After turning off the washing sink, I reached for a towel to dab my face dry. Walking into my bedroom, I made an effort to hold back the tears threatening to moisten my cheeks. Sinking into my bed, my eyes settled on the plant seated on my TV stand, and there was a sense of comfort that filled me as I stared at it.

I stared even harder, my eyes seeming not to want to let go. It was always like that, it was thriving and beautiful. It always managed to steal all my attention.

Sometimes it gave me the creeps, and I knew it was because of who I got it from. But then, Tim and his plant were the least of my worries right now.

My bedroom felt colder and stuffier. I needed some air. I needed to breathe. It suddenly felt like a four-wall small room with no ventilation in here.

I rose from my bed and walked to my closet. I was too exhausted to go to the gym, all I had to do was go for a walk and I would be fine. I pulled on a pair of sweatpants and its matching sweatshirt. Walking to the nightstand, I grabbed my phone and some money from my purse before leaving my apartment.

Walking out of the lobby, the evening air kissed my skin, and I was a little confused about if I really wanted to walk. For some reason, I wanted to go back inside and bawl my eyes out. I hated that I was feeling this way, I didn't know why it was this bad.

Nicklaus and I were just friends. Nothing but just friends, and the kiss was a mistake. A mistake that wasn't supposed to and wouldn't happen again.

Maybe he still loved her, maybe there was something between them. Most times when exes stay friends, there is always some possibility of them still being in love with one another. Maybe I was an intruder, and If Nicklaus decided to be with Ashley, I wouldn't stop him. Not like he said he wanted to be with me.

But then, I felt cheated on. It wasn't even up to twenty minutes since we shared a passionate kiss, and there he was with her tongue down his throat.

Maybe not down his throat, but their lips were on each other's when I walked in. I was feeling stupid, used and cheated. I hated this feeling, and I swore never to let myself go through it again.

I was already walking down the street when I heard my name, and my gaze fell on the figure walking towards me with hurried steps. I blinked back the tears in my eyes for clearer vision.

"Muna, are you okay?" He halted in front of me. "I know that you've been crying. Tell me, did he do this to you?" He asked, sounding annoyed.

I blinked, confused. What did he mean by he knew? "Huh?"

"Sorry, I mean, you look like you've been crying."

Yes, I had and I needed a friend now. I needed Maya, maybe I should give her a call. I needed her to come over here. "I'm fine," I tried to smile.

"No, you're not," Tim said, studying my face like there were answers on it. Or maybe there was. I couldn't even imagine how I looked right now. "Let's get you a place to sit down."

"No, I wanna take a-" My phone started ringing, stopping me mid-sentence. I glanced down at my phone and it was Nicklaus. Quickly, I turned my phone screen off. I needed to sit, and not walk because seeing his name on my phone screen infuriated me even more. He should spend time with his girl and leave me alone. I looked at Tim, whose gaze also went from my phone to my face. "Okay," I said.