009- Lunch date

Muna

"Now you know you don't have to be all cautious around me, yeah?" Nicklaus smirked, walking around me to the door of the Chinese restaurant where Andrew wanted us to meet.

Seriously, I didn't know how to explain what I was feeling. I was feeling a lot of things about the kiss which I still couldn't remember, and there was also Carl, who texted for the first time since he cheated. What did he mean by 'we should talk' and what was the irrelevant 'I miss you?'

Carl must be joking, because there was no way he was serious with that half-baked text of his. I decided not to let the thought of him spoil my mood, and since Andrew offered to have lunch with me, leaving my apartment to hang out with my new friends was the best way to forget Carl and his stupid text.

"I'm not..." I huffed, staring at the very hot Nicklaus who was holding the door open for me. "...Being cautious around you, Nicklaus." He smirked and I gulped, trying my best not to check him out again. I didn't know why but I had been doing that a lot, and holding myself back seemed impossible at this point.

Nicklaus's smirk turned into a smile, faint lines forming at the two sides of his eyes which were covered with Gucci shades. His short-sleeve loose white shirt had its first two buttons undone, resting below the waist of his dark brown pants, matching his white Nike kicks.

"Yes, you're and right now, I feel like I shouldn't have told you about the kiss." He said.

I walked into the restaurant, saying, "You know I will still remember, right?" I looked up at him as he closed the door behind us, "It takes time for me to remember the activities from my drunk nights but I always do." I shrugged, "Bit by b-" My words unfortunately were cut short when Nicklaus's hands grabbed my bare waist, and pulled me to his body.

Flushed and wide-eyed, I stared up at him as my lower lip dropped open like fish fresh out of water. My inside heated up just like my cheeks, and it was days like this I thank God for blessing me with enough melanin which always hides reactions like this from people's eyes.

Gazing at Nicklaus up close made me feel a type of way, but I was a little bit distracted by his curt head nod to the person I almost walked into.

Nicklaus was flaming hot.

He glanced down at my face, and even with his shades on, I could feel the intensity of his gaze. "Keep your eyes where your feet are going, Love." He drawled, tone deep and I gulped, nodding obediently.

I pulled myself away from him, "Thank you." I muttered and walked into the restaurant, where people were chatting and laughing at the different tables with varieties of foods placed on the tables in front of them.

Even though the time for our lunch date was postponed till late afternoon. The time I had to myself was still not enough for me to juggle my after-drunk night self-care and the processing of what happened last night.

From our little dance floor moment, which I seemed to have forgotten while at Nicklaus's apartment to the part where a girl was smiling at Nicklaus, and he seemed very interested in whatever she was saying to him last night. Then, when I remembered what Julia said to me last night, it made me feel sad all over again. My gaze fell on Andrew, and I wondered why she wasn't here too, because I already made up my mind to talk to her. I needed to clear things up with her.