002- Setting things straight

Muna

"You know what… Never mind." I said to the barista, who stared at me questionably with her brows slightly furrowed.

She was probably wondering why I wasted time on the line if I wasn't going to order, but the thing was, chances like this were hard to come by. 

I recited the powerful comeback lines in my head as I turned behind, and spared a smile at the blonde girl, who was next in line before walking off to deliver my words, feeling so confident. But the closer I stepped to his table, the more I stuttered in my mind, reciting these lines of mine. 

I halted in front of him and dragged the seat out, and a screeching sound filled the air. I lowered into the seat, smirking and let me tell you, this was the best way to announce my presence because that sure got Mr Rudeness's attention. The expression on his face, while his gaze drifted from his laptop to me, said everything I needed to know. 

Upon recognizing me, his expression went from a frown to something like a smile, I might be mistaken or maybe I was seeing things. But all that was quickly erased, leaving his face blank and the lines between his brows spreading back out.  It was beginning to look more like a staring contest, and my eyes were getting lost in his brown orbs. His gaze was strong, leaving the first word I was about to say stuck in my throat. 

I cleared my throat, wondering why he had not said anything yet, but then, I remembered I was the one to say something. It was my turn to say a piece of my mind. 

"Look, I–" he started but I was fast to shut him down. 

"This time I will do the talking while you listen." There was no way I would let him win this time. 

But instead of what I wanted to see, Mr Rudeness's lips curved in a half smile and my brows furrowed at that. The thought of what might be funny had me glancing around the place. Was I the joke? Because everyone in here was minding their business. 

My eyes were back on him, meeting his gaze, which looked me down and back to my face, with his right brow slightly raised. "I just want to say that…" I started, but this time my voice was watered down and my tone soft. "There was no reason for you to be rude earlier, What happened was nothing but an accident and I am so…" I paused as a resounding 'What?' Exploded in my head. 

What was I doing and why was I apologizing? I wasn't here to apologize, but something about the way he was looking at me had me thinking, if walking up to him was a good idea. 

"I– uh– I– just," I stuttered and he smirked. Wait, what on earth has gotten over me? "Look I just want to say that you were rude earlier and no, I am not dumb." I paused, but as he opened his mouth to say something, I shut him down again. "Wait, I ain't done yet," I said and his smirk grew wider. I rolled my eyes at him, "I know how to use a fucking treadmill." I said in a voice I couldn't recognise and I swallowed, wondering why my throat was feeling dry. 

I rose to my feet immediately, hadn't said even a word from the lines I recited multiple times earlier, the lines I had completely forgotten. Briefly, I shut my eyes, not wanting to face the embarrassment glaring at me. But as I opened them, I bumped into someone, whose coffee baptized my boobs and down to my stomach. Fuck!

"Oh my goodness," I groaned under my breath, shutting my eyes in an attempt to stop the tears that pricked in them, while the very cold coffee settled on my skin. 

I snapped my eyes open and my gaze rested on a man, bowing his head multiple times, apologizing. 

"Oh lord," I mumbled. "It's fine, it's okay." My hand reached out to him. I couldn't even be mad at him, not with that handsome face of his.